News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

TextInput Custom fields not showing in Orders

Started by sandstorm, April 06, 2012, 16:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandstorm

I have set up 2 Custom fields for user/customer text input (Its for adding a personalized Name or dat of birth in a baby blanket).
When a customer orders and add in there name and date of birth in the custom fields.

But the data from these input text fields, show in the checkout pages, but does not get stored in the order or sent in the confirmation emails.

I have set these up as advised in the wiki documentation below, they are using the inputtext plugin, are published, cart attribute -YES

Other custom fields for color, size, sex are set up as cart variant and these are added OK to the order.

Any ideas on help welcome.

These are the instructions I followed;
Product custom fields Plugin Customer Text Input

The Custom Field Plugin "Customer Text Input" is the same as "Custom Attributes" in VM1.

This plugin allows customers to specify their own value, like for asking for the name to engrave a product.

How to do it?
1. Go in Products > Custom Fields, and click on the "New" button
2. As Custom Field Type, select "Plugin"
3. At the bottom of the page, the list of available plugins are displayed. Choose "Customer Text Input"
4. The fields available for this plugin are displayed. Fill the Name, size of the text input, and select Yes or No for the price per letter.
5. Set the parameter "Cart Attribute" to "Yes" , so the input given by the customer will be added in the cart.
6. Go in the Products > Products, and click on the product you whish to add this custom field
7. Go on the Custom Field tab, and in the Custom Field Type area, select the custom Field you just created. The custom field is automatically added; Fill in the value.
8. Save your product
J3.6.4 / PHP7.0.12
VM3.0.16

PRO

what is your EXACT vmart version. I know they fixed something in it in the latest version

sandstorm

I just updated to VM 2.0.6 and still the custom input fields dont show anything.

I have 5 custom fields 3 of which are pre-populated dropdowns and whatever is selected here goes through on the order and in emails but the 2 text input fields which I am using for the customer to add there name and date are not being added to any order or email.

They do show on the checkout screens ???
J3.6.4 / PHP7.0.12
VM3.0.16

Actlas

Same problem here, has nobody a solutuions for this

Greetz,

Frank

lipes

did you get the price of the Custom Field working in the Cart checkout page?
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

sandstorm

Quote from: lipes on May 28, 2012, 18:19:35 PM
did you get the price of the Custom Field working in the Cart checkout page?

Not sure what you mean about getting the price of custom field working?

The only custom field that doesnt work properly is the ones where the user adds in there own text.
It shows up in the cart/checkout pages. but isnt added anywhere in the backend (emails/invoices/orders) So we dont knwo what the use has added in.
Still on 2.0.6, not tried the beta 2.07 version, but wanting to know if anybody got this fixed or has any ideas on workarounds.

J3.6.4 / PHP7.0.12
VM3.0.16

nealb

So, I have followed the instructions, as they appear in the OP.

http://www.jesseleeyouth.com/index.php/sponsor-a-bible  (not sure how long that will be valid)

I do have an input field, now, so that people can submit their custom text. (We need text to place on a dedication sticker inside the front cover.) What I don't know is why I also have the text: "Please write your recommendation....(min. %s, max. %s characters)" Where did that come from, and why?

<rant>
I have to say, this has been a real disappointment today. I've been on this for 8 hours, trying to set up one product. Half the day was spent trying to get the "add to cart" function working. Now, this is all a mess. I don't understand how this is the cart software that everybody raves about. Buggy. Clunky. So far, my opinion is it's junk. And the solution that I finally found on the forum was by users trading hit or miss trials. Nothing helpful from the programmers, ever.
</rant>

sandstorm

J3.6.4 / PHP7.0.12
VM3.0.16

AH

Seo-leo

QuoteThats awful... What should I tell my customer?

Probably that you have not asked effectively or wanted to pay for support on the totally free shopping cart they paid you to setup for them.

Quotewhich will cost you once more a lot of money?
I have a novel idea, on the basis that they paid a lot of money, you could ask for someone to give you paid support.

QuoteNothing helpful from the programmers, ever.

They are updating and improving the core software constantly.  You think that they should stop and work for you for free to the detriment of all other users. I hope they do not adopt such an approach.

QuoteVirtuemart is total crap and therefore we need a totally new system

I choose to disagree (and so do many other very satisfied users).  However, the choice is yours and I am sure with your positive approach and attitude you will achieve the results you expect.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

AH

Seo - I just tested this on VM 3.0.6

And it is no surprise to me to find that it works

How to do it?
1. Go in Products > Custom Fields, and click on the "New" button
2. As Custom Field Type, select "Plugin"
3. At the bottom of the page, the list of available plugins are displayed. Choose "VMCustom - textinput"
4. The fields available for this plugin are displayed. See the image example below for base settings.
5. Set the parameter "Cart Attribute" to "Yes" And the cart input as well , so the input given by the customer will be added in the cart.
6. Go in the Products > Products, and click on the product you wiish to add this custom field
7. Go on the Custom Field tab, and in the Custom Field Type area, select the custom Field you just created. The custom field is automatically added; Fill in the value.
8. Save your product

I have attached images to assist you

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0