News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

adjusting image size

Started by kingnath6, April 06, 2012, 14:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingnath6

Someone please! I have searched this forum over and over again. does anyone have the ability to explain in plain simple English how to adjust the size of your images visible on the front end of the site (product image)

What .css file will it be on? what line?

Non of the posting for this issue seem to be clear enough so maybe we can settle the age old question here now. So many people seem to want to know the answer to this question so can someone simply explain it fully here now in plain English.

Many Thanks

vasiljevski

OK if I understand your question, you should go to Configuration->Templates in the end you will see : "Thumbnail Image Width" , "Thumbnail Image Height"
These values set the size of the product thumbnails in Category view and default VM view.

After you change these values, you need to open "/images/stories/virtuemart/product/" and delete "resized" folder.

Now when you first open your new images will be created with the new size you just defined.

There may be some cleaner way to do this, but this was the only way I made it work for me :)

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

kingnath6

@vasiljevski @jenkinhill

Thanks guys, I am not referring to the image when you click it to enlarge it, I am talking about the the main image size on the site for all the products when the site is being browsed, at the moment they are very small so I want to make them at least 4 times bigger. is this possible? I am building a clothes shop so the images have to be of good size when the site is being browsed. 

I am also using 1.9 so there is not a 'Configuration->Templates' maybe you are referring to Configuration->Site?

jenkinhill

Using 1.9? Seriously? One of the pre-release versions before VM2? Or do you mean 1.1.9 in which case you should be asking in http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?board=70.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum