Database load, too much queries. Virtuemart 2.0.2

Started by simbus82, April 06, 2012, 12:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simbus82

We are with a provider for logn time, with one site we are using for the first time VM 2.0.2 with Joomla 2.5.4.

We have used VM1.x lot of times, and we have not one problem.

This time our hosting provider has blocked our site beacause an enormous amount of queries are made ​​by VM2.0 on our site up to block the entire server (and other sites in this server).

We never had these problems with VM1 and other ecommerce ... VM2 is really so heavy?

Is a clean install of VM2, there are no external plugins or core hack, just the usual template override, only 200 products...

I cant't debug too... the site is down at  this time!!!

I can see some debug info now...

#1226 - User 'username' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 1000)

Are 1000 per hour in mysql?

How much queries VM2 does in a hour for a normal site?
Joomla! 2.5.16 & VM 2.0.24b

simbus82

Ok, there is some problem.

With Joomla 2.5.4 in OFFLINE, when i'm in the offlinepage... i can see ~40 virtuemart queries!!!!  :o In offline????

Milbo

Which version do you use? You should use the latest version ! This is quite important. You can also decrease the used queries heavily using joomla caching. A normal value for the page with the biggest load is around 200 queries (standard install, all modules activated). When you use caching, you can reduce it to 7 or so.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

simbus82

Ehm it is a production site, i'm using "stable" 2.0.2.

Do you think i can upgrade safely (backup first :D) to latest 2.0.3.

This hosting have set the maximun limits for one hour to 1000! Simply ridicolous! :-S

I have found and error after all this...

JDatabaseMySQLi::query: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 SQL=SELECT cat.description FROM j17_categories cat WHERE cat.id=

I think the heavy DB load can be caused from some users that do a lot of click when they see this  error.

This error occours only when i click on a category in frontend.

i f go directly to a product link it is all ok.

i'm reading a lot of thing about this error in the web... most related to OVH Hosting... my hosting -_-

EDIT: This error is gone, i have this error only when the site is "offline" from backend.

PS: i have enable the "lite" level cache in Joomla 2.5.4.
I hope it not give problems with VM 2.0.2.

Milbo

The update should be just an install over the old one. And adjusting templates, yes. But 1000 queries an hour, that is inacceptable. When you want to "donate" and when you want to have a good hoster, http://extensions.virtuemart.net/. Use the banner for enterprise partner at the bottom, it is an affiliate link to a good hoster with "unlimited" queries. I mean 1000 queries per minute is even not enough for a real store.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member