News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Shipping indiviual product

Started by amet123, April 06, 2012, 08:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amet123

Hi

any body tell me regarding Shipping cost for individual product in vm2.0

Regards
Amit Vaid

Gap Solution
Web Development

jenkinhill

You want to know how much shipping to charge? Ask a local shipper as costs usually vary with weight and destination.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

amet123

shipping by quantity ex. one box= $1 and two boxes $1.5 i n shipping cost
Amit Vaid

Gap Solution
Web Development

PRO

Quote from: amet123 on April 07, 2012, 12:05:29 PM
shipping by quantity ex. one box= $1 and two boxes $1.5 i n shipping cost

have you looked at the weight_counties  ?? Plugin?

Go to shop

Shipping Methods
Click "new"

and fill in the rate for quantity 1

repeat for each quantity range you want

OR, my plugin will do flat per product
http://www.kaizenmediaworks.com/pro-ship-virtuemart-2-0-shipping-plugin-module

Just fill in

2, and then the rate each

amet123

thanks for your link

how i install this module and i need plugin for individual  product shipping rate

Regards

Amit Vaid

Gap Solution
Web Development

zactan

hi Banquet,

Thanks for the plugin. however, the amount does not reflect even i have entered 1 for quantity over and 5 for the fee... which VM version must i be at? im currently still at 2.02.

PRO

Quote from: zactan on May 01, 2012, 12:48:04 PM
hi Banquet,

Thanks for the plugin. however, the amount does not reflect even i have entered 1 for quantity over and 5 for the fee... which VM version must i be at? im currently still at 2.02.

seems like you filled in other fields that are messsing it up

If you want a rate per product.

ONLY fill in that part.

ALSO:

products must have weights.

It defaults to free shipping when cart weight is 0

zactan

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on May 01, 2012, 14:48:07 PM
Quote from: zactan on May 01, 2012, 12:48:04 PM
hi Banquet,

seems like you filled in other fields that are messsing it up

If you want a rate per product.

ONLY fill in that part.

ALSO:

products must have weights.

It defaults to free shipping when cart weight is 0

I did not touch the other fields except for quantity over and fee. indeed that i didnt specify weight in the product listing.
So after your advise, i added some values and try again but to no avail. To be sure that i'm doing the correct things, i have screen shot my settings.. please take a look.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

PRO

in rate #1

Put

The number of products works on total cart weight of 1 or more.

SO, to set rates of less than 1 KG, or 1 lb.

You will have to put that in a rate.

AFTER that 1 KG is hit,

the other rate will take over.

WHICH should be 2 products right?

zactan

Hi Banquet,

Appreciate your prompt response. With your given settings, the price is now reflected (see attached). It also adds up when the quantity increase..

With this proven settings, i can now play around already. Thanks again!

[attachment cleanup by admin]

zactan

another question, is it possible to have 1st piece = $1.50 and subsequent for $0.50?

zactan

Quote from: zactan on May 02, 2012, 06:58:07 AM
another question, is it possible to have 1st piece = $1.50 and subsequent for $0.50?

Looking into your code and without your permission, i have tried this by modify the following:
   from if ($orderWeight <=0){
   to if ($orderWeight <0){

from elseif ($nbproducts >=$method->nbproducts_quantity && $orderWeight >=1){return $method->nbproducts_fee * $nbproducts;}
   to elseif ($nbproducts >=$method->nbproducts_quantity){return ($method->nbproducts_fee * $nbproducts)+1.0;}

and this works... this will fulfil my need where i 1st pc at 1.50 and subsequent be at 0.5 each...
please see if you can add such a feature in and release another version which you deem good..

For the benefit of others who has the similar situation and urgently need to get the frontend working, here's what you need to do. (when weight is not the needed parameters for your product)
1. Install the plug in and enable it.
2. modify the plugin code as above. (take note that the value 1.0 works my case. if you have other amount you need, please modify it accordingly)
2. under else cost, put in the amount for 1st piece.
3. quantity over put the your desired value.
4. enter your desired fee.

The above steps are mandatory for this plugin to work. Thanks Banquet for the solution and waits for improvement should there be any.
If any help is required from me, please let me know..

antonitus

Hi BanquetTables.pro,

First of all thank you very much for writing this brilliant and much needed module, VM's default plugin I feel is a little inflexible.  They should be replacing yours with theirs or it needs to be included as part of the script.

At the moment I'm having some issues when I add rates, I can't seem to get it working and nothing is being passed.  The 'Quantity' and 'Fee' works perfectly, however I would prefer the rate part.  Please can you tell me what I might be doing wrong.  For example, my product is 1kg in weight.  I choose £5 for min of 0 to max of 1 for the first rate and £6 for min of 1 to max of 2, etc.

My versions are:
VM2.0.6
J2.5.4

I hope this helps.
Thanks,
Tony
Joomla V3.5.1
Virtuemart V3.0.16

Lockerbie

Hello BanquetTables.pro and other forummembers,

My clients wants the shipping fee to be free when the customer buys 24 bottles or more. If he buys less, the shipping amount has to be € 12,50, no matter how much bottles he has put in the cart.
(No weights are filled in.)

Would this be possible with your module? And how can I set this up?
Thanks in advance!

Lockerbie

Nevermind my post above: I've found a plugin that can exactly do what we're looking for.
Thanks anyway!