Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

CSV Advanced

Started by outsourcepro, April 05, 2012, 17:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

outsourcepro

Quote from: reivaj01 on September 28, 2012, 09:20:33 AM
Hello outsourcepro

I am working in a multivendor store and I made the necessary changes in CSVA component  to load vendors.

Do you want the files to be incorporated in the next release?

regards

Hi there,

I am not sure about the things that you are saying with multivendors. But thank you so much for that. Please send it to my email so If it is useful, I may use it on next release of CSV Advanced.

Thank you!

Sincerely, Giang

reivaj01

Hi,

I don't know your email but I wrote a new post in your page http://joomdonation.com/83-csv-advanced/19576-vendors-import.html

Please, make a diff to see the changes as that I made, you can see that is very simple.

Regards

outsourcepro

Hi all,

Today, I just released CSV Advanced 1.5.5 with a new great feature is added. It is: Import Parent/Childs products based on Stockable Variants Custom Fields plugin.

Many clients asked for this feature so I decided to add it. For more details, please check the information here:  http://joomdonation.com/CSVA/documentation/index.html#import_parent_child_products

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thank you so much!
Sincerely, Giang

bbmedia

Hi Giang,
thanks for your original assistance with helping me import data into my first VM2 site. I appreciated your support at the time in helping me get the complex data into the installation. But in hindsight, I would never have used VM2 if I'd know just how tricky it is to customise and how unreliable it is, particularly after updates.

CSVA
A while back, on an earlier version I was unable to import the product file when I was setting custom slugs (via the slug field). Did you find out whether it was an issue with any entries in the slug column or with csva plugin? As soon as I removed slug from the import list it all worked fine again. Unofrtunately the issue wasted a day of doing manual slug changes for nothing.

Another issue with the csva import/virtuemart is that it doesn't like me specifying the virtuemart_product_id - whenver i tried it, it ignored my ids and created it's own. this is just one of the things that makes it difficult working with virtuemart... that and the way it handles products which is very unwieldy.

Purely out of interest, just in case I need to update an existing VM setup (I steer clear of VM now - continually have issues with it and Onepage checkout) has this been resolved?
Garth

outsourcepro

Hi again Garth,
In the latest version 1.5.5, some issues are solved and some new features are added:

1. Issue with slug field is solved.
2. Able to import parent/child products using Stockable Varitation custom field.
3. Able to import multiple images for a products.

Regarding virtuemart_product_id, this field is a key and autoincreasement field in Virtuemart. If you does not specify this field in CSV and template, then it will be auto created. If you specify this field, then CSV Advanced will find the product with that ID and update it.

Please login to my site and go to your history purchase path to download the latest version of CSV Advanced and re-install it on your site to have updated features.

Thank you!
Sincerely, Giang

outsourcepro

Hi all,
The version 1.5.6 of CSV Advanced was released. This version fixed the small problem with slug (alias) to allow supporting multiple languages in slug (alias). If you are using older version of CSV Advanced, please login to my site to download the latest version.
Thanks!
Sincerely, Giang