News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

How to add "Clear Cart" Button to cart?

Started by corymp, April 05, 2012, 13:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corymp

I've tried deleting the one cookie that is set for end of session. It does empty the cart, but also logs me out.... How can I set it to just empty the cart?
VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

corymp

VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

ryeary

I´m trying to figure it out too, the only thin I´ve found up to now is in the helpers/cart.php removeCartFromSession();
I´m working on from there if I find it out I´ll let you know.

;)

ryeary

I got a solution, it works I don´t know ow good it is.
I installed the "Easy Source Module" With its help added a function to a page which you could define upon opening that page a function is called via "Easy Source Module"
<?php

function clearCart() {
      if (!class_exists( 'VmConfig' )) require(JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR . DS . 'components' . DS . 'com_virtuemart'.DS.'helpers'.DS.'config.php');   
      if(!class_exists('VirtueMartCart')) require(JPATH_VM_SITE.DS.'helpers'.DS.'cart.php');
      $noCart = VirtueMartCart::removeCartFromSession();
      return $clearCart;
   }

clearCart();
?>

hope this helps

mb000000

VM 2.0.14, Joomla 1.5.26, PHP 5.2.something

I too wanted an empty cart button.  So I added the following code to components/com_virtuemart/controllers/cart.php:
public function emptycart() {
$mainframe = JFactory::getApplication();
/* Load the cart helper */
$cart = VirtueMartCart::getCart();
$cart->emptyCart();
$mainframe->enqueueMessage(JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_EMPTIED_SUCCESSFULLY'));
$mainframe->redirect(JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=cart'));
}

Then, in components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl/default_pricelist.php, I added below the table row that puts a horizontal rule under the last product in the cart:
<?php
if (count$this->cart->products ) > 0) {
?>

<tr class="sectiontableentry1">
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td align="left"></td>
<td align="center"></td>
<td align="Center"><a class="vmicon vm2-remove_from_cart" title="<?php echo JText::('COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_EMPTY'?>" align="center" href="<?php echo JRoute::('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=cart&task=emptycart'?>"> </a><?php echo JText::('COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_EMPTY'?></td>

</tr>
<?php
}
?>

You  could, of course, use a colspan to avoid the empty single table cells to the left of the empty-the-cart-one, but I have already amended default_pricelist to include optional display / no-display of SKUs, discounts and product states, so needed to have cell inclusion / exclusion code that I have removed from the code fragment above.  You also need to add COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_EMPTY="Empty the whole cart"
COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_EMPTIED_SUCCESSFULLY="Cart was emptied successfully"
to language/<your lang>/<your lang>.com_virtuemart.ini

This seems to work fine for me - I hope it helps someone else.

Mark