Main Menu

BTP Pro Shipping Plugin

Started by PRO, April 02, 2012, 17:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRO

Quote from: PRO on December 10, 2012, 23:49:52 PM
updated:
For quantity based.
Now you can set 1 price for the 1st product.
THEN: a separate price foreach additional product

updated again today.

Now there are 2 separate quantity rates.

So you can give 1 rate for 25 or more products, and another rate for 50 or more products

lindapowers

Great work, any option you include zip code intervals?

Your plugin multiplications seem to be the solution for us but we need to specify zip codes, any idea how to add that?

Thanks

PRO

Quote from: lindapowers on December 16, 2012, 16:09:15 PM
Great work, any option you include zip code intervals?

Your plugin multiplications seem to be the solution for us but we need to specify zip codes, any idea how to add that?

Thanks

This can be done, but I cannot do it

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

PaulDRP

Thanks Pro for the great plugin, its exactly what I needed.

I do have one problem though and I hope you can help me with it.

I have two products, one product has a shipping cost of 2.20, the other one of 4.40. I made two shipping methods with your plugin, one with a cost of 2.20 and another with a cost of 4.40. The problem I now face though is that both shipping methods show up for both products. I need a way to link the shipping method to the product.

I think setting the shipping cost by weight is the best way to go, I give the first product a weight of 1kg and the second a weight of 2kg and set the price per kg at 2.20. So for every kg I add the price rises with 2.20.

The problem is that the shipping costs do not show up anymore, all my products have a weight assigned and I have set the shipment method: Rate: 2.20, Minimum weight: 1, Maximum weight: 300 and the Minimum Amount for free shipping: 20000000.

I've left the other fields empty.

I think (well, I'm pretty much positive)I've done something wrong so could someone maybe explain to me the way to setup the shipment method so that it adds 2.20 for every kg added to the cart?

------- Edit: -------

Well, I solved the problem. The problem was with the settings for quantity. I had set the "quantity over" to 0. Which offcourse makes the method think that from 0 products on delivery is free. So I set it very high and now everything works like a charm.

PRO

Quote from: PaulDRP on January 04, 2013, 13:21:51 PM
Thanks Pro for the great plugin, its exactly what I needed.

I do have one problem though and I hope you can help me with it.

I have two products, one product has a shipping cost of 2.20, the other one of 4.40. I made two shipping methods with your plugin, one with a cost of 2.20 and another with a cost of 4.40. The problem I now face though is that both shipping methods show up for both products. I need a way to link the shipping method to the product.

I think setting the shipping cost by weight is the best way to go, I give the first product a weight of 1kg and the second a weight of 2kg and set the price per kg at 2.20. So for every kg I add the price rises with 2.20.

The problem is that the shipping costs do not show up anymore, all my products have a weight assigned and I have set the shipment method: Rate: 2.20, Minimum weight: 1, Maximum weight: 300 and the Minimum Amount for free shipping: 20000000.

I've left the other fields empty.

I think (well, I'm pretty much positive)I've done something wrong so could someone maybe explain to me the way to setup the shipment method so that it adds 2.20 for every kg added to the cart?

dont setup 2 rates

The rates go in order and match the first 1.

BUT!

The "quantity based" & free shipping, and also the order total base HAS to be filled in. They are checked first.

So make them so high it will never quanlify.

Set the first rate

Then make the next 5 rates to where it will never meet them (like weight 10000 or something)

THEN, use the "else cost" for your second rate

PaulDRP

Quote from: PRO on January 04, 2013, 13:52:39 PM

dont setup 2 rates

BUT!

The "quantity based" & free shipping, and also the order total base HAS to be filled in. They are checked first.

Set the first rate

Then make the next 5 rates to where it will never meet them (like weight 10000 or something)

Thanks for your reply Pro!

I think I've fixed it. The way I set it up to simply fill in every rate to cost 2.20 per Kg. Then I gave my products a weight of 1 Kg and 2 Kg (there are only two products).

The only problem I forsee now is that maybe my cliënt wants to add a shipping discount for the second product (which would mean it would no longer be twice the price of the first product) so I'm going to have to find a way to make that happen.

PRO

Quote from: PaulDRP on January 04, 2013, 14:16:25 PM
Quote from: PRO on January 04, 2013, 13:52:39 PM

dont setup 2 rates

BUT!

Set the first rate

Thanks for your reply Pro!

I think I've fixed it. The way I set it up to simply fill in every rate to cost 2.20 per Kg. Then I gave my products a weight of 1 Kg and 2 Kg (there are only two products).

The only problem I forsee now is that maybe my cliënt wants to add a shipping discount for the second product (which would mean it would no longer be twice the price of the first product) so I'm going to have to find a way to make that happen.

if you are using the latest version of the plugin, it has 2 quantity related pricing.
You set the first for the 1st item, then the rest

naoko15

Hello Pro, great plugin, i have one problem though. Even though i have everything configured correctly, shipping cost is always 0 at the checkout. I'm using Onepagecheckout.

Could you help me, please?

VM 2.012f & J2.5

Thanks.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

PRO

for all weights?

even after they choose "spain" as their place?

and have you tested without 1 page checkout?

have you considered upgrading to a new vmart version?

naoko15

Quote from: PRO on March 16, 2013, 13:38:13 PM
for all weights?

Hello, thanks for the quick reply! Yes, it happens for all weights and choosing Spain.

With Onepagecheckout disabled the shipping method is not even displayed. As if there was none configured.

I'm a bit scared to upgrade, as my VM is heavily customised and i'm afraid i might lose my overrides.

PRO

Quote from: naoko15 on March 16, 2013, 16:21:12 PM
for all weights?

Hello, thanks for the quick reply! Yes, it happens for all weights and choosing Spain.

With Onepagecheckout disabled the shipping method is not even displayed. As if there was none configured.

I'm a bit scared to upgrade, as my VM is heavily customised and i'm afraid i might lose my overrides.

same applies to upgrades
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=95513.0

naoko15

Quote from: PRO on March 17, 2013, 02:08:44 AM
Quote from: naoko15 on March 16, 2013, 16:21:12 PM
for all weights?

same applies to upgrades
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=95513.0

Thank you PRO. I've installed my site locally with XAMPP to test the upgrade, but i keep getting 404 errors and it's taking me hours to make the site work locally (not even started to upgrade yet!).

While i get to figure out how to upgrade without breaking my site, would it be possible to find out a solution for my problem?  i'm not sure upgrading will sort it out anyway. 

One thing: Strangely enough, i've noticed that shipping costs are being displayed in order emails. Also, i've noticed that shipping costs are not correct.

For example:

For 1 to 2 kg the cost should be a flat rate of 8.36
From 2 to 5 Kg --> 10.93
and so on...

Every item in my site weights 1 kg

But if i order two items (2 kg) the cost shown is 16.72 , when it should be 10.93. It is multiplying x 2. Same if the order includes 3 articles, it multiplies x 3.

Help please : (

PRO

my plugin MULTIPLIES by weight in the cart * the rate

unless you are using the quantity options, or the "else cost"

naoko15

Quote from: PRO on March 17, 2013, 20:33:48 PM
my plugin MULTIPLIES by weight in the cart * the rate

unless you are using the quantity options, or the "else cost"

Oh my bad, i'm so sorry to have bothered you, i'm really ashamed. I'll try something else instead. Thank you so much for your fast and helpful replies : )