News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

[Solved] Remove Sort Option on Frontend

Started by terp, April 02, 2012, 15:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terp

I can hack it out of the frontend, but is there a backend param to 'Disable Sort' anywhere? I can't seems to find one.

I thought perhaps if you toggle all the 'Available Sort-by fields' to remove the checks it might go away. However, I can't seem to remove them all with the most current download. If I try to clear two or more checks at a time, click save, the configuration page compiles with them checked again after the save?!?!?! I can clear one at a time (uncheck one, save, uncheck another, save, etc), but when down to the last check, I can't clear it.

...but the ability to remove the sort option from the frontend would be very nice.

(and while logged into these forums, why must I keep entering this captcha to post??? lol)

terp

...and will create another thread related to this later, but for the record ...setting the currency is the most unintuitive process I have ever experienced. I feel like jumping off my balcony right now.

(let me reenter the captcha to post this...)

terp

I'll assume a backend param doesn't exist and hack one in or simply remove it from the template when the page is compiled.

John2400

Terp ,

Just a type of solution - instead of lots of hacking -
* in the configuration find - product order setting _ just pick one
* product name - in both upper and lower box and save.
* find the language folder and find your language ( en-GB) folder and find the file (en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini)

edit lines - 431, 247, 415 ( these are sort by, product name , =/-) 
* Just write 'products listed below' - that way no sorting but you can always change them back if needed.

terp

Quote from: John2400 on April 05, 2012, 09:58:46 AM
Terp ,

Just a type of solution - instead of lots of hacking -
* in the configuration find - product order setting _ just pick one
* product name - in both upper and lower box and save.
* find the language folder and find your language ( en-GB) folder and find the file (en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini)

edit lines - 431, 247, 415 ( these are sort by, product name , =/-) 
* Just write 'products listed below' - that way no sorting but you can always change them back if needed.

Thanks, sir. Yea, I finally assumed having only one would eliminating any sorting and it did...except it still showed that whole block of sort stuff. Changing the language is a good idea, thanks.  But I think I'm going to run with removing that entire block...don't seed the # of products filter, the little sort graphic/button thingy with zero options, the results #, etc, etc.

I was going to add a backend param to remove it with a couple of IFs, but since it all will be overwritten on an upgrade, just removing the block was fastest. ;)

Thanks for your reply. If the developers would consider a feature request, please consider adding a toggle in the backend to display/hide the entire sort box-related stuff.

Studio 42

the echo is done with this line in view/category/default.php
<?php echo $this->orderByList['orderby']; ?>
you can comment it to have nothing displayed

terp

Quote from: Electrocity on April 10, 2012, 14:37:47 PM
the echo is done with this line in view/category/default.php
<?php echo $this->orderByList['orderby']; ?>
you can comment it to have nothing displayed

Perfect, thanks. Created a template override and commented this block out. (consider a backend param in future versions). :)

jbodeen

While we are on a wish list, it would be nice to move the counter and navigation to the bottom of the page also.

operapixie

I echo the wish list request for this to be a parameter in the back end.

amymattian

Definitely a good idea to have the "sort by" optional and also so that admin can choose is it up or bottom. Thanks!

Anne

terp

We can't get major bugs addressed (ToS checkbox, for example), so I doubt we'll ever see this feature added, guys...just do the override and be done with it. ;)

gabrielperez77

Thanks a lot for this solution. It worked for me :D