News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

HELP! The product won't show up....

Started by bubu636, April 02, 2012, 04:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubu636

Hello,

My store doesn't have special shopper group. So when I enter products, I choose -default_ as Shopper Group. But When I open the category, the product won't show. When I remove -default- from the shopper group, the product will show. What am I not doing right?

Thank you!

amanda mc donald

Hi

Did you create a Shopper Group with the name -default- ? (under Orders and Shoppers tab)

You can also create a Shopper Group with the name -anonymous- (under Orders and Shoppers tab)
and then when you enter products choose -anonymous- as your shopper group ...

bubu636

Hi Amanda,

Thanks you for the reply. I changed from -default- to -anonymous- and now the proroduct and price show. Thank you.
I also added -anonymous- in Payment Method (PayPal Standard Payment) and Shipping Method but when I go to check out page, I will get

• No shipment selected
  • No Payment is selected

PayPal Standard and UPS shipping is the only choice I have in those settings but they won't automatically choose the options...Anyway, when I click on "Select Shipment" or "Select Payment" link, I see no choices to select from....

Thank you for helping a newbie-:)

[attachment cleanup by admin]

amanda mc donald

I'm also a newby :-)
Had the same problems, glad I could help.

The other problem you're talking about:

QuoteI also added -anonymous- in Payment Method (PayPal Standard Payment) and Shipping Method but when I go to check out page, I will get

No shipment selected
    No Payment is selected

I had this too .... all I did was to create a Shipping Method and a Payment Method (under Shop tab ... Shipping Methods ... Payment Methods ...) - and then to select in that specific shipping method you created your shopper group as -anonymous- (and the same for Payment Method).  Then it worked.

amanda mc donald

Another thing ... you have to make sure your 'user' is in the -anonymous- shopper group

John2400

bubu636/amanda mc donald,

Hi guys reading the posts here- yes the groups are a little strange to understand - the idea is that when you see the "shopper group" come up there is an automatic feeling to

fill in the group.

* Best idea unless you want to set a shopper group "leave it blank" don't fill in "default nor anonymous" - your shop will work perfectly.

* your shipping will work and so will payments -  Have a look at the test products and you will see what they have.

Go and change them back unless you want special shop groups. Remember you may have them on tax or other shipping etc .

bubu636

Hi John,

Thanks for the tip. I removed all the shipper group from products, shipping and payment.
I noticed this shipping calculator doesn't work all the time.  And when I update the quantity in the cart...I got below errors.

-  Attention no standard shopper group set

Is this because I removed a shopper group from the settings?

John2400

Hi bubu36,

This should just be a setting , not a bug.

So can you put up a link to your site  www. etc

* I have no shoper groups in posatge , nor shipping, nor products .
* If you don't require your shopper to register -- Ie They just come to your shop on the net and buy then it should work.

* a good test is do this - have a product no - shopper group. Make a shipping method - local and set it as free - published, configuration leave blank - don't fill in anything.
* A payment - put in your country , currency  and say $10.00 save.
This should allow any one to pick a product, go to the large cart, fill in the address and ship for free, and pay postage$10.00 -- ( there should be no restrictions) -the idea is that if it works then you have
a wrong setting in - either your postage or shipping - again "no groups."

John2400

HI

the vendor ( store admin) can be set to default - The rest . does not matter if you are buying from the store they are not getting registered.

they jsut buy a product they don't end up all being registered in the backend . uless you have requested that all shoppers be registered?

They just fill in the form - no registering?

I'll have  look at that soon for you. ( the price issue)

John2400

bubu636,
I can't tell you it is working perfectly ( for me todayt) but The idea  I presume is that people don't want others to know the cost you paid for your products?

* In the earlier versions for this , there was an arguemant that if you owned a shop and you had staff listing your products for you- they did not want people staff to know what you ( the owner paid for the item originally)? 

* so this request - to show cost price - mighty be related to the cost you actually paid for the item. Thus - you are actually showing the customer your profits?

John2400

bubu636,

I'm sure a good coder could add a text field upderneath every item.
* a better Idea - and one you can change is to add the % discount in the description.

in products >>short product description>> write "we offer up to 50 % discount in these products"

or add small images saying 10 % , 50% etc into the folder >>components>>com_virtuemart>>assets>>images>>availability
this folder could carry lots of options for you ( easy to change and no coding or recoding required)
Then in your product section>>product status justy click and add what you like.
*You get your price
*Sales price - without tax
*Image showing the discount like 50%
To change the actual wording of these - they are in the Language folder

PRO

I dont have shopper groups set to ANY of my products

John2400

Me either,

I 'john' does not have shopper groups set to ANY of my products

* You must work on one product only to start with - the sample products - clone just one. then change a cost and publish it.
As I said earlier - ""Hi guys reading the posts here- yes the groups are a little strange to understand - the idea is that when you see the "shopper group" come up there is an automatic feeling to

fill in the group.

* Best idea unless you want to set a shopper group "leave it blank" don't fill in "default nor anonymous" - your shop will work perfectly.
"

have another go

bubu636

I only applied shopper groups because I got the errors...I will clear the cache and try one more time. My last question, what do you do with the store owner shopper group set? It forces me to choose one shopper group. Right now, mine is Set to -anonymous-.

John2400

bubu636 no return it to default,

The owner is not really the issue ,

As they are a super user they can see every thing - and as a default they will see exaclty what the shopper sees from the front end.