News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Need some help with add to cart issues

Started by tzic, April 01, 2012, 20:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tzic

Hello I am having issues with add to cart functionality. Also the quantities (the + and - buttons to be more acurate) do not work, I can type the quantity though. I read all the posts I found in the forum and I understand that the solution is a bit complicated and it's different for each set up - website. Can someone please take a look and point me to a direction? My website is located here: http://alturl.com/ppnok

jenkinhill

You are not loading JQuery - VirtueMart 2 will not work without that. Suggest you turn on "Use external google jquery library" in Configuration/Shop
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

tzic

[edit] SOLVED? Not sure yet but I am using ja purity II and in the template settings there is a setting that says: Optimize JS. When I set it to NO add to cart and quantities all work as they should.

What can I do to load JQuery? "Use external google jquery library" was set to on but the add to cart and quantities buttons do not work as they should. I tried installing    System - SC jQuery plugin and System - jQuery Easy plugin, tried various combinations but nothing has worked so far. Any other advice?

jenkinhill

The JS "optimiser" does not work properly with jQuery, hence the problem. jQuery is already compressed (minimised).

Maybe that was stopping jQuery from loading. Leave it set to no.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum