News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Categories Module Sort wrong

Started by enock, March 31, 2012, 05:12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enock

J2.5.3 VM 2.0.3H

Module lists Categories but when you click on the category you get a list of products in ascending ID order

No matter what you set the default list to (in might case I want the last modified date product at the top) you get the lowest ID first (which is usually the oldest product)  :(

slammy

Hi enock

seems there is a general ascending filter order direction. I have a similar thread here: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=100546.0
I hope that there will be an update for setting filter order direction in the categories-config, would be great.

regards

tonis

Hi

Go to administration, products -> product categories
There you must manualy insert numbers for the categories (order column), in the way you want to sort them. Then click save on the bottom of the order column.

slammy

hi tonis,

thx for your reply. I think you get it wrong. We need an descending filter_order_direction for products shown in a category - because default is ascending. For Example: Products can be sorted by creation_date, but default is in ascending order , the oldest products showing up first in the product-browse pages, thats senseless for "Creation_date". It´s not about the order/sorting of categories.

I know your workaround is possible for products too, to save ordernumbers manually. This workaround is good until you have less than 50 products in a category and no high new-product-frequency. If you want to do this with 300 products within a category it takes to much time.

thx again for ur reply
slam