How to use Custom Field stockable variant (Explained) (video) (photos page 4)

Started by HG, March 30, 2012, 15:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaggaTora

Quote from: DaggaTora on February 04, 2014, 16:09:38 PM
Hi,

I'm using stockable variant plugin and it works perfectly except for the quantity box. Instead of the box I'm getting this :"PGlucHV0IHR5cGU9InRleHQiIGNsYXNzPSJxdWFudGl0eS1pbnB1dCBqcy1yZWNhbGN1bGF0ZSIgbmFtZT0icXVhbnRpdHlbXSIgdmFsdWU9IicgKyBxdWFudGl0eSArICciIC8+"

In the inspector it looks like:

<span class="quantity-box"><!-- >> NN_PROTECTED >> -->PGlucHV0IHR5cGU9InRleHQiIGNsYXNzPSJxdWFudGl0eS1pbnB1dCBqcy1yZWNhbGN1bGF0ZSIgbmFtZT0icXVhbnRpdHlbXSIgdmFsdWU9IicgKyBxdWFudGl0eSArICciIC8+<!-- << NN_PROTECTED << --></span>

Ok, is a conflict with System - NoNumber Email Protector plugin.
Quantity box works ok in the rest of the products.

Any idea?

Thx in advance.
Joomla 2.5.17 | VM2.0.26d | PHP 5.3.28

Artkan

Hello, I wanted to explain my problem, I am building a store selling downloadable products, such as MP3 or WAV, then, I have been testing various options, but the best at what I need I do not get to show the download links when performed payment. Now, the concept is as follows, in a web page pondria different products and each product, such as a song, set the option to download in WAV or MP3, with their prices, with the same product with different grades. I'm using "Digitoll DOWNLOAD" as plugin download. I put a picture of the concept, sorry for my English, Thanks! :)

PostmanSE

Hi and thanks for a great walk through how to add different SKUs to different variations on the same product it really save me a lot of head scratching. What I am having trouble with though is adding different customer groups to the addon (the price addition is different to each product variant depending on which customer group the customer belongs to). Is there a way to do this?

heyday

How to make stockable custom fields so, that i only have one displayed product  on the product and category view and the variation on the parent product??

i have made 2 drop down menus:

1 Color
Grey
White

2. Size

S
M
L
XL
XXL

gloop

I've downloaded VirtueMart V3.0 over the included Jommla Webinstaller.

Now i try the instructions to create sizes.

But i can't choose any plugin. It's empty. In a post is written that the "VM - custom, stockable variants" are installed with VM.

Why i have no plugins?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ZangiefJ

HI:

I use VM 3.0.2 + Joomla 3.3.1

This is no ""VM-custom stockable plugin"", only ""stockable"" can choose

And nothing happen when choose the custom field with stockable.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

GJC Web Design

Have you searched "stockable variant  " on here?

You would have found that stockable variants don't exist in VM3 - generic children is the similar field/type

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

sonickev

except that generic child variant doesn't work correctly either...

http://elanvape.com/index.php/en/shop/liquids/eve-guava-generic-parent-detail

This is a generic child variant, which shows that it is out of stock, except that there are 19 in stock. This product has three child variants, each with 1, 6 and 12 in stock.

The product has a parent with zero stock, that is not orderable.

The children have stock of 1, 6 and 12.

As soon as you select any variant, the stock is shown as 19 (the sum of 1, 6 and 12) - which of course is not correct, because the child has its own stock (and the parent that is not orderable is therefore not out of stock)

So...although this sort of works, it lacks some obvious functions:
1. If the parent is not orderable then it cannot be out of stock - the parent should probably show the total stock.
2. Once a child variant is selected, the available stock of that variant should probably be shown.

clairemarie

Hi all,

I realise you are starting to discuss VM3 but I'm still on VM 2 using the Stockable Variants plugin (it's working really well for us) and I wondered if there is a way to show something like 'Please Select' before the customer chooses a size/colour - rather than going straight to a variant?
The reason fjor this is we are showing stock levels and if a customer lands on a page and the first variant is out of stock - they may just think all variants are out of stock, without checking the dropdown.

I've tried putting in text in the Default option, but nothing seemed to change.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

rdharma

The vm custom fields plugins for size or color is perfectly done but, i want to change the style. Currently, it is in dropdown listing but i want to show in horizontal row. <span>

http://darkwearuk.com/j259/womens/range-1/g054s011-the-watchers-detail.html