How to use Custom Field stockable variant (Explained) (video) (photos page 4)

Started by HG, March 30, 2012, 15:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HG

8) 8) 8) 8) read step by step and I bet you wil get it....
donate if it helps   :o :o paypal: andrewms@nycparty411.com

Custom Fields Explained...images are named as the steps...where i think words is hard to explain...
if u need additional help let me know I'll try if ur donating.... ;D ;D

It works I took the time and now I somewhat got it...to make life easy I will do a eg of "Available size and color" for  T-shirts etc

How to..

1 click custom fields under products tab
2 click new

Enter the following as it is without notes in bracket you can then delete this when you see how it works...

3 custom field type: select plug-ins
4 Title: Available Sizes and Color (note this will be displayed above the options on the frontend so name it what you choose)
5 published: select yes
6 parent : do not change (this you can play with once you get the hang of it)
7 Cart Attribute : yes

(you can play with these later)
8 description: (leave blank for now)
9 default: (leave blank for now)
10 tooltip: for sizing use ask a question (try this it will add a blue icon on front-end)
11 layout: (leave blank for now)
12 admin: no
13 is a list: no
14 hidden: no
15 select a plug-in: VM - custom, stockable variants

16 click save
17 scroll down to "select a plug-in you will see new boxes added"

<<<THIS IS COLOR OPTION>>> 
18 option name: Color
19 Option values: (enter as below)
Black
Red
Blue
Green

<<<THIS IS SIZE OPTION>>>
20 option name: Size
21 option values (enter as below)
s
m
l
xl
xxl

<<<<THERE ARE 2 MORE OPTION YOU CAN PLAY WITH THOSE WHEN YOU GET THE HANG OF IT>>>>

22 Click Save......
<<note this field can be used for any item that uses color and size to add more sizes or color  come back here and add more lines>>
see image: custom fields before moving on

PRODUCTS TIME!!
BELOW WILL COVER IF YOU ALREADY HAVE AN ITEM WITH CHILDREN

<<ALREADY HAVE AN ITEM WITH CHILDREN>>
23 go to products
24 click on the item you will like to add color and size to UNDER Product is Children of <<SECOND COLUMN>>
(this is confusing you will see the children items look on top in blue you will see the parent item click the parent of link)(or click one of the child items then scroll down to the right you will see the parent link) see images 24 and 24B

###MAKE SURE YOU ARE UNDER THE PARENT BEFORE CONTINUING###

25 click custom fields (make sure you are under parent)

26 custom field type: select Available Sizes and Color  (or whatever you named the field) SEE IMAGE
27 now you will see the options match each child with the color and size option SEE IMAGE
28 click save
29 go to the item you should see it there...

basically you have to create the field options which can be size only, color and size etc... create your item as you normally would, create your child then apply the field to match each child and thats it...make sure the child item is in stock or else it will not show the parent item also must be in stock...

[attachment cleanup by admin]

HG

2 OTHE IMAGES

dsrpmedia

omg does this really have to be so mind bendingly difficult?

I tried my best to follow the steps at the end I wound up getting a bunch of errors

'Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /path-to-site/plugins/vmcustom/stockable/stockable.php on line 187

it still does not appear that you can have a parent without a price whith the cildren orderable....

this is a nightnmare... it used to be soooo easy

HG

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on March 30, 2012, 20:28:52 PM
HG , you are not very clear WHICH custom field.

There are many, are you explaining  the stockable variant?
[/quote

yes stockable variant

HG

Quote from: dsrpmedia on March 30, 2012, 23:40:11 PM
omg does this really have to be so mind bendingly difficult?

I tried my best to follow the steps at the end I wound up getting a bunch of errors

'Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /path-to-site/plugins/vmcustom/stockable/stockable.php on line 187

it still does not appear that you can have a parent without a price whith the cildren orderable....

this is a nightnmare... it used to be soooo easy

Its not trust me..its a lot of words because of the steps....if you create an item then add the children then do the steps you will see.
or pay me I'll login and do the fields for you... ;D ;D

dsrpmedia

QuoteIts not trust me..its a lot of words because of the steps....if you create an item then add the children then do the steps you will see.
or pay me I'll login and do the fields for you...

I`d be glad to make a contribution if you can help me to understand how to do this - I`ve built several VM shops which are running fine under the old VM 1.1, but because Joomla 1.5 is being outdated I will need to upgrade these sites eventually - plus I have a few new customers who I would rather not build on the old framework / switch cart solution for if I can get VM 2.0 to work.

Basically I need to replicate (almost exactly) the parent/child relationship which was standard in the old VM 1.1 setup
-see this link http://www.nutrawholesale.com/nutra-organic-plant-acids-opa/2-step-anti-flu-program?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_default.tpl&product_id=27&category_id=43

note
- the parent has no price, it is just a 'shell'
- the parent does not appear in the childrens` drop down
- the child product name + attribute (size) + price are displayed in the dropdown
- when a selection from the dropdown is made that child products` page loads

Can you make this happen / help me to understand how?
How much of a contribution are you looking for?

Thank you again.

HG

HG

Quote from: dsrpmedia on March 31, 2012, 00:53:35 AM
QuoteIts not trust me..its a lot of words because of the steps....if you create an item then add the children then do the steps you will see.
or pay me I'll login and do the fields for you...

I`d be glad to make a contribution if you can help me to understand how to do this - I`ve built several VM shops which are running fine under the old VM 1.1, but because Joomla 1.5 is being outdated I will need to upgrade these sites eventually - plus I have a few new customers who I would rather not build on the old framework / switch cart solution for if I can get VM 2.0 to work.

Basically I need to replicate (almost exactly) the parent/child relationship which was standard in the old VM 1.1 setup
-see this link http://www.nutrawholesale.com/nutra-organic-plant-acids-opa/2-step-anti-flu-program?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_default.tpl&product_id=27&category_id=43

note
- the parent has no price, it is just a 'shell'
- the parent does not appear in the childrens` drop down
- the child product name + attribute (size) + price are displayed in the dropdown
- when a selection from the dropdown is made that child products` page loads

Can you make this happen / help me to understand how?
How much of a contribution are you looking for?

Thank you again.

do you need to keep track of inventory?

dsrpmedia

yes, if possible.

not everyone of my clients uses inventory control, but some do.

definately need to have the orders referenced by sku in the notifications so that they are sure what to ship

HG

Quote from: dsrpmedia on March 31, 2012, 01:20:25 AM
yes, if possible.

not everyone of my clients uses inventory control, but some do.

definately need to have the orders referenced by sku in the notifications so that they are sure what to ship

seems like variant options will not show if there's no price..
but you can just give the item the lowest price then add the child with the different prices...see your item i did...
http://headgone.net/shop/index.php/headgone-store/nasal-sinus-spray-detail

dsrpmedia

your link sends me to a page which says 'PAGE MOVED. MAIN PAGE.'?

dsrpmedia

Quoteseems like variant options will not show if there's no price..
but you can just give the item the lowest price then add the child with the different prices...see your item i did...

so as far as you can tell it is indeed not possible to replicate a basic parent / child relationship from vm 1.1?

it seems so cumbersome to me to make prospective clients do math to figure out what a product costs

eg lowest price $1.57

30ml verion + $2.35

so the client has to figure out on their own that the product is $3.92

why can `t we just tell them the price?

and why not able to have a parent as a shell? - it looks SO much nicer

***I know this has nothing to do with you, other than you are just trying to help the cause & I appreciate that - it`s just that I find this so incredibly frustrating.

every time I try to do something with vm 2.0 it seems it can only be done half-assed

probably if I wasn `t so familiar with vm 1.1 it wouldn `t bother me as much, because I would have no idea of how easy & functional it should be.

HG

Quote from: dsrpmedia on March 31, 2012, 02:11:25 AM
Quoteseems like variant options will not show if there's no price..

so as far as you can tell it is indeed not possible to replicate a basic parent / child relationship from vm 1.1?

it seems so cumbersome to me to make prospective clients do math to figure out what a product costs

eg lowest price $1.57

30ml verion + $2.35

so the client has to figure out on their own that the product is $3.92

why can `t we just tell them the price?

and why not able to have a parent as a shell? - it looks SO much nicer

***I know this has nothing to do with you, other than you are just trying to help the cause & I appreciate that - it`s just that I find this so incredibly frustrating.

every time I try to do something with vm 2.0 it seems it can only be done half-assed

probably if I wasn `t so familiar with vm 1.1 it wouldn `t bother me as much, because I would have no idea of how easy & functional it should be.

what i did was create the parent with the base price then with the child just put their prices it will auto update to the price when the option is selected..

http://headgone.net/shop/index.php/headgone-store/nasal-sinus-spray-detail

if the do not work go to headgone.net/shop then search nasal sinus

dsrpmedia

HG

Quote from: dsrpmedia on March 31, 2012, 02:35:20 AM
hmmm I`m still getting that 'page moved' error - even when I try to just go to
http://headgone.net/shop/index.php/
http://headgone.net/shop/
http://headgone.net/

weird....what country are you in