News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Vendor issues

Started by hkymre, March 29, 2012, 17:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hkymre

Migrated from vm1 to vm 2.0.2

First live order successfuly taken but I got the email and not the site owner.

Tried to set the owner as the vendor but it just won't stick and keeps coming back to my user.

With multi-vendor enabled the site owner gets the vendor tab. As soon as it is disabled the tab goes again.

Checking the shoppers shows only the site owner as a vendor - he has ID 1, mine is 0

In the virtuemart_vendors the virtuemart_vendor_id shows as 1

Is it safe to leave multi-vendor turned on or is there a fix for this?

John2400

hkymre

Yes I found when I was trying to set up the vendor the first time it looks like it keeps over writing the original.

This may not solve the issue but it will confirm who is the vendor.

Go to your shop>> tools>> control panel >>shoppers>>

then a simple list of all users appears >> just tick the box of the vendor>> and confirm who the vendor is.

And in the user setting in joomla - components >.contacts>.owner >. set that up too so that >> contacts or other emails are sent to the owner too.

easy way to test if it is ok - just pick a product and use "ask a question" - see who gets what? -

the multi vendor tab - is only in production stage - you should not have that on at the moment - really a future production.

Only change the emails to the vendor "shop" owner when you are 100% sure it works - vtoo hard to test other wise -

hkymre

Fixed it

Checked `virtuemart_vmusers` table and every user had virtuemart_vendor_id set to 1 - changed all but the real vendor to 0 and it now works

I guess because my user was first in the list that's why it kept pulling in my details.