News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Backend to Virtuemart Only

Started by aandcmedia, March 28, 2012, 16:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asif2005

Quote from: jenkinhill on February 21, 2013, 23:10:24 PM
No it is a simple solution. On the sites I have done the vendors have full Joomla admin rights as they usually add J articles to increase the site content, add news about new products etc.

Thanks Kelvyn. Appreciate the quick reply. This is a non-techi user and just wants to be able to add manage products on his online furniture site.

bahalul7

Quote from: asif2005 on February 21, 2013, 19:52:53 PM
Quote from: JurgenG on May 29, 2012, 14:29:09 PM
mtmeyrick:

As many others I too had this issue. The user is olnly allowed to edit the store and see practically nothing of Joomla itself. My sollution:
- Add a new usergroup in joolma under Super User
- Global-settings => permissions and allow all except Super Admin and Access Administration Interface.
- Create a user in the new group.
- In Virtuemart go to Orders & Shoppers => Shoppers and set the user to admin.
- Let the user login through //.... administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart (or create a redirect to this url)

Quote from: ozzem on December 09, 2012, 15:30:10 PM
hi, i can't set shopper user to admin...there is not a way to do this. which is the procedure?
thank you!

I too like many others, wanted to give my vendor an ability to either add products from the front end or login to back-end with nothing but VM. I didn't get any viable solution to work. I ran across this thread and it looked promissing but when I went through the steps to get it to work, I found that the latest version of VM (2.18a) does not have an option to turn a "shopper" group to "admin" group. Maybe it did when this suggestion was posted by JurgenG. Since my vendor was a "Shopper", he couldn't login to VM-Admin and got the same error as someone posted above.  I was almost about to dump VM when I spent hours and couldn't figure out how to do this. I didn't want my VM vendor to give full backend access. That was just out of question.

What I ended up doing that worked (whew) was I modified "vmusers" table in MySQL and gave him "admin" perms and now my vendor has VM Admin access but nothing else. YAY!!

Can someone please tell me if this is BAD BAD BAD and may have an adverse affect on something else or may break something or might make my site vulnerable? Thank you so much!!!

For Latest version 2.0.20b has not any option for changing admin perms. We just can set shoppers as vendor or not vendor. Am I correct?
Asif, have you given admin power from Joomla ACL (Go to Joomla menu -->>Users-->>User Manger , Then give that user to right user group { if you haven't change any permission then give Administrator as User Groups) ?
I got same problem like you and use this solution. Let us know your result.

With Regards
Joomla version 2.5
Installed version 2.0.20b
Latest version 2.0.20b
Latest release date 2013-03-14

Christopher

Hello

I might have missed it somewhere, but is there a way to set up a user who is configured as an Administrator in Joomla, so they are able to view orders in Virtuemart? I cannot set these users as "Super User", because doing this gives them too many (dangerous!) access privilages in the rest of the J! admin suite.

I'm running:

J 2.5.11
VM 2.0.20b

Many thanks
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand binary and those who don't

jenkinhill

Something like this: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=116931.msg394641#msg394641  - they will need superadmin power in VM to view the orders, especially if they are not set as vendor.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Christopher

Thanks Kelvyn, but I cannot give them Super Admin access - they're prone to wandering around pressing random buttons and then claiming it was "Mr Nobody", leaving me mopping up the mess on a regular basis - they have therefore been set as Administrator level in Joomla, but this means they cannot view the orders received in VM - Is there a simple way around this?

Thanks in advance

jenkinhill

NO, you can set them as a special access group, with superadmin powsers in VM and lesser/restricted elsewhere.  http://docs.joomla.org/J2.5:Access_Control_List_Tutorial
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Christopher

Thanks - I'll take a look through that.

cascompany

Hello, I have looked at all this... tried everything I could.... and I get a few problems.
1) If I not give super user access, it will not be able to see ORDERS or CUSTOMERS, (even if I give vendor, set mutlivendor, etc)
2) If I give it super user access... even when I can restrict Joomla wich is okey... they can see ALL VIRTUEMART, and even when I set permissions on the group of that user, it sees everything.

What Im missing?

I have a special group "webmaster" created under super user group.
The I added a user to the group  (with or without super user access... different results)
I have bloqued access to parts of joomla I dont want them to touch for that group, that is okey ...

But in VirtueMart...
A) When the "webmaster" user, is set to super admin, it see everything.
B) When the "webmaster" user, not have super admin.... it shows what I give permissions to see (from VirtueMart permissions), for example, I dont want they to update, or use migration tools, or change payment methods, etc)... and everything works okey EXEPT that it dont see the ORDERS & SHOPPERS menu, it shows the menu title, but no links.

Im using the last version 2.0.22c and 2.5.14 J
CAS company
Hosting & Design, with an attitude, since 1997.

vhm

Quote from: asif2005 on February 21, 2013, 19:52:53 PM
Quote from: JurgenG on May 29, 2012, 14:29:09 PM
mtmeyrick:

As many others I too had this issue. The user is olnly allowed to edit the store and see practically nothing of Joomla itself. My sollution:
- Add a new usergroup in joolma under Super User
- Global-settings => permissions and allow all except Super Admin and Access Administration Interface.
- Create a user in the new group.
- In Virtuemart go to Orders & Shoppers => Shoppers and set the user to admin.
- Let the user login through //.... administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart (or create a redirect to this url)

I too like many others, wanted to give my vendor an ability to either add products from the front end or login to back-end with nothing but VM. I didn't get any viable solution to work. I ran across this thread and it looked promissing but when I went through the steps to get it to work, I found that the latest version of VM (2.18a) does not have an option to turn a "shopper" group to "admin" group. Maybe it did when this suggestion was posted by JurgenG. Since my vendor was a "Shopper", he couldn't login to VM-Admin and got the same error as someone posted above.  I was almost about to dump VM when I spent hours and couldn't figure out how to do this. I didn't want my VM vendor to give full backend access. That was just out of question.

What I ended up doing that worked (whew) was I modified "vmusers" table in MySQL and gave him "admin" perms and now my vendor has VM Admin access but nothing else. YAY!!

Can someone please tell me if this is BAD BAD BAD and may have an adverse affect on something else or may break something or might make my site vulnerable? Thank you so much!!!

Hi all,

I have implemented mtmeyrick and asif2005 solution and everything worked fine until this last update to version VM 2.0.24.

The users under the VM group no longer have access to VM buttons. The VM interface is just clean, without any buttons. I had to give back Super Admin rights to the VM Group to solve this.

I have looked at vmusers table, column permissions, and everything remains the same. Does anyone knows if VM is doing anything different to get the user level of permission?

Thanks!

jenkinhill

VM2.0.24 has Joomla's ACL implemented so the solutions are now different. The only issue is permissions for orders, as only a superadmin can view all vendor's orders.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

vhm

Hi jenkinhill,

Thank you for your answer. I didn't know... great improvement!

I've checked it out and saw that in the orders & clients tab, it not has a row to set orders permissions. It's this issue you are referring to?

I am using a translated version for Jooma&VM and it seems that cascompany VM has the same behavior.

Thank you for your time!

vhm

I have finally found what was missing from my setup to get to point where everybody is...

I don't know why my previous searches didn't find this... I'll share what I've found.

If anyone has rows/components missing in the orders & clients tab of VMs Permissions, check the following post: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=119203.0

jenkinhill

This should be fixed in VM2.0.24a to be released very soon.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Doggiefield

Quote from: Christopher on August 15, 2013, 12:48:04 PM
I might have missed it somewhere, but is there a way to set up a user who is configured as an Administrator in Joomla, so they are able to view orders in Virtuemart? I cannot set these users as "Super User", because doing this gives them too many (dangerous!) access privilages in the rest of the J! admin suite.

Hi Christopher,
Several of our clients have the same problem. They want for their employees to only see the orders and have the possibility to create new orders.
To solve this we use a Joomla component with frontend access.

It is a Point Of Sale system that syncs customers/products/orders etc. The employees have their own login credentials and have the possibility to look at the orders and create new ones.
www.posforwebshops.com

I hope this helps.
Point of sale for Virtuemart
https://www.posforwebshops.com

strauss

Quote from: beachy on June 18, 2012, 00:01:23 AM
I have done this slightly differently to JurgenG by setting up a new user group called VM and assigning it to the special user access level. I then turned off the components, extensions, articles, categories etc.. so that the main menu is then also most emtpy.

I then made a small modification to the quickicons module to show the VM2 links that I wanted users to have access to (Manage products, orders & users) although this can be altered depending upon your needs!

The result is that when our staff sign in they can only get to VM but when I log in I get all menus and full access!

See the screenshots (I have changed the normal icons to something which ties in better with Joomla 2.5 but you can use which ever ones you like!)

How can i do this in VM 3.0.2 + Joomla 3.3.6 ? i dont find the menu to turned off the components, extensions, articles, categories. and there are no quick icon in J3.3.6 :(