Does anyone here actually have a VM 2 site up and running and doing business?

Started by daviator, March 28, 2012, 14:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BSSennenhonden

Quote: "VM2 is a much better product than VM1; it is much easier to implement, easier to style, quicker and more responsive."

But it does lack several features that were present in VM1.

I have 2 websites almost ready to go live, just waiting for my import program to be adapted to VM2. The only reasons for me to stick with VM are the backend (works good, looks nice), the fact that I already spent money on my import program and the fact that it suits my website best. But to be honest.... in the past few days I have installed and tested osCommerce, Zen-Cart and Magento, too. Because I think VM2 lacks several essential features of which I can not understand why they were not implemented anymore where as the were present in VM1.

I really do hope that backend order editing will be added soon, although my post about it (like several other posts) did not get any answers. And I really do hope that de module VirtueMart Products will be fixed, too.

The developers have done a good job, but unfortunately it wasn't a complete job.

I would be willing to pay for a stable, complete VM too. But not for the state VM2 is in now.

BSSennenhonden

In addition:

I have noticed that very few people seem to be able to run a VM2 shop without problems. I have read several forums, but nobody seems to be able to answer the questions that are being asked. I do read posts from the majority that they gave up and chose different software. I have spent days and nights, trying to solve the problems I had, but with little success. And I too have thought about giving up, thought that all these settings (mainly layout) you need to adjust yourself are way to complicated for me to achieve how I would like my shop to be.

I am afraid that the premature issue of VM2 will do damage to the name VM has built in the past. It would be a shame, but unfortunately I can understand why.

I hope VM2 can prove that I am wrong about this.

edda0199

No, and i think i have no confidence to have one!
that will take me a long time !! :P

8)mmohunter
mmohunter

ChrisTrembath

I have one running alright selling car care products, Im using latest joomla version and VM 2.06 at the moment,

http://liquiddiamond.com.au

I get a lot of traffic but pretty low conversion rates, occasionally I get a customer actually call and say they can't checkout or something which freaks me out. Iv spent a massive load of time on this site so I will probably persevere for a while until I have some spare weekends and I will either hire somebody to help me with useability and troubleshooting or learn how to operate magento.

I really love the virtuemart software though and Joomla is simply unreal.

david.kwock

My website is running well with Joomla2.5.6 / VM2.0.6 / PHP5.3.8 and currently making sales.
I am just using some core functions from VM2, so that not sure which parts of VM2 are not working for you guys.
but I can say that all core functions such as User registration, Checkout with Paypal & offline credit cart, dynamic shipping selections and confirmation email are working fine for me.

Since VM2 just born, VM2 has much less extensions than What VM1 has, but overall its core is much more user-friendly. Surely, it will much better than VM1 in near future.

Thank you for great work from VM team!

David