Virtuemart Front Page Layout does not display Page Title

Started by shazza68, March 27, 2012, 15:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shazza68

I noticed this was listed in a bug report listing by another forum user;

Quote7. With Menu item type VirtueMart Category Layout with "Top Level Category" selected, no matter what I enter in Page Display Options > Browser Page Title, the Browser Page Title is blank.

My problem is I am using the menu item type Virtuemart Front Page Layout on my front page.  But I also cannot get it to use a Page Title.  Is this a bug as well that is being fixed?  It leaves an awful gap on the front page of the site and it would be common place to have a title for the products listing on the front page.

I am using VM2.0.2 on Joomla 2.5.

Many thanks.

PRO

It is

"Welcome to Vendor Name"    Right?

You can change the language string for

"Welcome To"   by doing a language override.

OR,
Change the code that sets the title.

/components/com_virtuemart/views/virtuemart/view.html.php

else {
         $document->setTitle(JText::sprintf('COM_VIRTUEMART_HOME',$vendor->vendor_store_name));
      }

HERE: Is the code thats used in the category to use joomla page title
else {
         $menus   = $app->getMenu();
         $menu = $menus->getActive();
         if ($menu) $title = $menu->title;
         // $title = $this->params->get('page_title', '');
         // Check for empty title and add site name if param is set
         if (empty($title)) {
            $title = $app->getCfg('sitename');
         }
         elseif ($app->getCfg('sitename_pagetitles', 0) == 1) {
            $title = JText::sprintf('JPAGETITLE', $app->getCfg('sitename'), $title);
         }
         elseif ($app->getCfg('sitename_pagetitles', 0) == 2) {
            $title = JText::sprintf('JPAGETITLE', $title, $app->getCfg('sitename'));
         }
      }

IF you change that code, it will be overwritten when you update.

shazza68

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply.  I have tried this, but get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getMenu() on a non-object in /home/ipstoyh/public_html/ith/components/com_virtuemart/views/virtuemart/view.html.php on line 127

It's probably pretty obvious that line 127 is this: $menus   = $app->getMenu();

Any ideas?  This part is way out of my depth.

Many thanks,

Sharon.

PRO

jthrongard

Is there any way this can be fixed in a future update?  That really limits the admin on how they can manage their SEO and really conflicts with Joomla's SEO settings.
Small Business Joomla! Website Design - Simple CMS Design
http://www.simplecmsdesign.com

lindapowers

The error still exists in virtuemart 2.018b with the default category view.

VM is taking the menu name as the "title" and it doesn't matter what you set in the menu item title at the menu parameters.

So most of us will have:

Shop || Website name

Please look in to this, is basic for SEO.

lipes

This is so dammm stupid...... lost some days trying to find 1 reason for VM Product Module doesnt display the price in frontend...
Then i discover that i've changed some week's ago the link of the main Home Menu to Index.php because of the PAGE TITLE ...is not displaying the website name (but i didnt check that we lost the price display with product module if we change the link to a joomla item)

BTW with all things that i've been done to try discover or recover the website problem i can report this too :
More:
If we try to recover the vm system in tools says this:
/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/install/install_required_data.sql Error 1062
Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY' SQL=-- -- Dumping data for table `nly94_virtuemart_customs` -- INSERT INTO `nly94_virtuemart_customs` ( `virtuemart_custom_id`, `custom_parent_id`, `admin_only`, `custom_title`, `custom_tip`, `custom_value`, `custom_field_desc`, `field_type`, `is_list`, `is_hidden`, `is_cart_attribute`, `published`, `created_on`, `created_by`, `modified_on`, `modified_by`, `locked_on`, `locked_by`) VALUES (1,0, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_PRODUCTS', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_PRODUCTS_TIP', '', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_PRODUCTS_DESC', 'R', 0, 0, 0, 1, '2011-05-25 21:52:43', 62, '2011-05-25 21:52:43', 62, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0), (2,0, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_CATEGORIES', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_CATEGORIES_TIP', NULL, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_CATEGORIES_DESC', 'Z', 0, 0, 0, 1, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0);
SQL =
--
-- Dumping data for table `#__virtuemart_customs`
--

INSERT INTO `#__virtuemart_customs` ( `virtuemart_custom_id`, `custom_parent_id`, `admin_only`, `custom_title`, `custom_tip`, `custom_value`, `custom_field_desc`, `field_type`, `is_list`, `is_hidden`, `is_cart_attribute`, `published`, `created_on`, `created_by`, `modified_on`, `modified_by`, `locked_on`, `locked_by`) VALUES
(1,0, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_PRODUCTS', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_PRODUCTS_TIP', '', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_PRODUCTS_DESC', 'R', 0, 0, 0, 1, '2011-05-25 21:52:43', 62, '2011-05-25 21:52:43', 62, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0),
(2,0, 0, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_CATEGORIES', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_CATEGORIES_TIP', NULL, 'COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_CATEGORIES_DESC', 'Z', 0, 0, 0, 1, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0);

Then in frontend also get the custom vmError: getNeighborProducts Unknown column 'product_price' in 'order clause' SQL=SELECT `l`...........................
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

Milbo

Lipes the getNeighborProducts, the error is only, when you choose product_price as default ordering and you can see it only as admin. Fixed model is here https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=114063.0
When you get this error recovering the problem, which option do you use?

The title of the homepage, read here please https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=114033.0
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

lipes

Hi.
Yes, at Configuration > Product Order Settings > "Default product sort order" and "Default category sort order" - (Product Price)

HP Title - solved!

Thanks
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25