News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Shipment by weight is buggy

Started by Otto0815, March 26, 2012, 16:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otto0815

Hi,

i've set up 2 shipments methods; by weight:

1st= DHL  weight from 0-999kg = 2,95€
2nd=DHL  weight from 1000-9999Kg = 3,90

if you now add 2 products to the cart (one with 1kg an another with 1000kg) the shipment is shown correct as 3,90€

BUT if you delete the second product (the one with 1000kg) from the cart, the shipment costs are also shown as 3,90 €, which must be 2,95 €....cause it's now under 1000kg..so it's not updated

and if you now click the "edit shipment" link, the user can choose between 2,95 € & 3,90 €....

Any solutions for this?

Twix

Hi Otto (the Dutch Otto for JoomlaNL?),

My shipment by weight doesn't do anything. Published the plugin, setup shipments. AFAIK also setup the shipments correctly. It still shows the radiolist, where you can choose from all the shipments. Note that I have also a shipment where you can pickup the items. Also enabled 'activate automatic shipment selection'.

Do you know why its not working?
Thanks in advance!

Otto0815

Hi Twix,

im not from the netherlands...

In the shipment plugin you only have to fill the fields you really need(e.g if you nedd weight, then only fill in the weight ranges)..
If you fill in any other fields (zip or so), it wont work (thats my experience till now)...

Had been a little bit easyer in VM1

Otto0815

Quote from: Twix on March 26, 2012, 18:26:40 PM
Hi Otto,

Do you mean in the VM component at shipment?
Regards,
Twix

Yes....

But please don't highjack this thread......

Otto0815

So, was anyone able to reproduce this bug from the first post?Or doesn't it happen to anyone?

Twix

I think the whole shipment by wheight plugin is buggy. It doesn't work for me, even not if I don't fill in the zip codes. This user also reports problems:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=100326.0

alatak

Hi,

Quotei've set up 2 shipments methods; by weight:

1st= DHL  weight from 0-999kg = 2,95€
2nd=DHL  weight from 1000-9999Kg = 3,90
I have done the exact same configuration as u, and it works for me. But i am using the latest VM = 2.0.3.G
which VM version are you using?
if you are using the latest , can you give me a screen shot of your 2 shipment configuration?

Otto0815

And you have tried to remove to SKU with the higher Shipment costs from the cart?

I've put my configuration in the attachments...

Version:2.0.3G

[attachment cleanup by admin]

daviator

here are my screen shots as well.
I have two shipping methods defined:
1) Downloadable products = $0 for shipping and weight = 0 pounds.
2) Flat rate US = $8.00 for weights of 1-1000 pounds.
(I gave up on international flat rates of $10.00 if out of the US)

Flat rate of $8.00

No Shipping for downloadable products (weight of 0)

alatak

Hi,

QuoteAnd you have tried to remove to SKU with the higher Shipment costs from the cart?

Sorry i don't understand what you mean.

Otto0815

Quote from: alatak on March 28, 2012, 18:46:41 PM
Hi,

QuoteAnd you have tried to remove to SKU with the higher Shipment costs from the cart?

Sorry i don't understand what you mean.

As i've written in my first post:

You put 2 Articles in your cart...one with shipping cost's of 2,95 € and another with shipping cost's for 3,90 €
--->Then the shipping cost's are shown correct with 3,90€

BUT

If you now delete the article with the 3,90 € shipping cost, the cart doesn't show the now correct 2,95 €

And if you now click on "choose shipping" you got the possibility to choose between 2,95 € and 3,90 €.......

In short: the shipping cost's dont update themselves if an item is added/deletet from the cart and the custumer can choose on it's own...

i hope that you can understand now what i mean...

alatak

Hi

Yes i have tried that. And i din"t get the problem.

Otto0815

Strange...this whole shipping things seems a little bit complicated........i don't know what i've to change now...

Twix

Is the shipment weight plugin fixed for the last version?
If not, could you do this please? Thanks!

Milbo

What is exactly broken in the last 2.0.3 version?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member