News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

bug in order status change notifications

Started by Lexiboy, March 22, 2012, 15:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lexiboy

using VM 2.02 and Joomla 1.7.3

When the admin changes the status of an order the client does not get a notification of the changed status, but a new order notification instead. How can I fix this?

With kind regards,
Alex Stienstra

maxispin

That is true. (ans also in 2.0.3A)

The sent "status message" includes the new status inside the message but that is not the point sending order status changes. The VM1 style messages where much much better even though they were a bit hmm...ugly  ::).

Does someone have knowledge of the process of order status messages? The messages sent to the customer require significant improvements.
VM 3.0.17.6 | VM 2.0.24c | VM 1.1.9

Lexiboy

Quote from: maxispin on March 22, 2012, 16:54:13 PM
That is true. (ans also in 2.0.3A)

The sent "status message" includes the new status inside the message but that is not the point sending order status changes. The VM1 style messages where much much better even though they were a bit hmm...ugly  ::).

Does someone have knowledge of the process of order status messages? The messages sent to the customer require significant improvements.

I did not even manage to find out which template is used for order notifications. Did you?
With kind regards,
Alex Stienstra

maxispin

Yes I did. Please read: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=98841.msg330764#msg330764

I copied all files from ..\components\com_virtuemart\views\invoice\tmpl to \templates\MYTEMPLATENAME\html\com_virtuemart\invoice
VM 3.0.17.6 | VM 2.0.24c | VM 1.1.9

Lexiboy

Quote from: maxispin on March 23, 2012, 11:30:13 AM
Yes I did. Please read: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=98841.msg330764#msg330764

I copied all files from ..\components\com_virtuemart\views\invoice\tmpl to \templates\MYTEMPLATENAME\html\com_virtuemart\invoice

Thank you, already made some modifications to the template, and after commenting out they finally took effect :)
With kind regards,
Alex Stienstra