News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Virtuemart as part of a larger Joomla Site

Started by Pulsator, March 26, 2012, 11:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pulsator

Hi

I'm going to start by apologising as this is probably documented somewhere but I cannot get the search terms right to find it.

I have a client who wants a new CMS for which I have advised Joomla of course  :)

In addition they want an e-commerce solution to sell a product range related to their core business.  I suggested VirtueMart but have a question I am hoping someone can help with.

Can I install VirtueMart on a Joomla installation but have it as a section in the site with Joomla behaving as a normal CMS to handle the main site requirements.  What I mean is have a normal CMS type set-up with Home, About Us etc and then click on a nice big store button to access the VirtueMart store?

Thanks

jenkinhill

Simple answer - yes.

Like any Joomla component it can be used as an addon to a large site. That is the big advantage with using Joomla/VM.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Pulsator

Hi jenkinhill

Thanks for responding so quickly.  This looks to be a winning combo and I am looking forward to designing my first integrated Joomla with VirtueMart system.  :)

Anypc

You can see how i integrated it into my joomla site here:

www.any-computers.nl

good luck
Prowd owner of webshop:
www.AnY-Computers.nl

Version J2.5.4 with VM 2.0.3E.