News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Close button not working

Started by PatrickVisser, March 26, 2012, 01:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PatrickVisser

Hi

The close button on the 'thank you", after "Ask a Question" form does not close the pop-up window.

I've located the file &  command /public_html/components/com_virtuemart/views/askquestion/tmpl/mail_confirmed.php

The code looks ok. Is there something I've missed or looked over to resolve this issue.

code:
<div class="productdetails-view">
   <?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_ASK_QUESTION_THANK_YOU'); ?>
   <button onclick="parent.jQuery.facebox.close();" type="button"><?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_CLOSE'); ?></button>
</div>

thx in advance for your help.

kittmaster

I am seeing the same issue, anyone have a resolution to this issue?

ivus

Are you getting any javascript errors when you click on the button?

opelline

I have the same problem, no javascript errors. The page is also blank, so that I see the background texture but no main menu, logo or any other modules assigned to all pages.

ivus

Do you have any themes or template overrides installed?

IF SO... try and revert to the VM standard template and see if it works there. It could be a theme issue.

foo-wing.li

Has any found where the problem is as I am having the smae problem and can't work out how to fix it.

I have tried cleaning up the javascript and fixing the all the errors and warning but that never worked.
I have tried the default template but that never worked.

Any more suggestions?

foo-wing.li

Ok for a quick fix I noticed there is a "x" button in the top right of the ask a question confirmed page so I have just commented out the "Close" button.

<div class="productdetails-view">
<?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_ASK_QUESTION_THANK_YOU'); ?>
<!-- <button onclick="parent.jQuery.facebox.close();" type="button"></*?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_CLOSE'); */?></button> -->
</div>

The reason I have done this is because it doesn't need two close buttons.

Ok the "x" button isn't as visible as the "close" button but most people will work out that they can click the "x" button to close the ask a question window.

foo-wing.li

Solution
Ok I had to install (jQuery Easy Plugin) for Joomla and play around with the settings to get the close button to work.