News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Add to cart issue again (sorry but I can't find the solution)

Started by boucdur, March 23, 2012, 18:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boucdur

Hello,

when clicking on "add to cart" in a product details page I am redirected to the checkout page and don't get any popup modal window as expected.

I read quite a lot about the numerous problems people have with the "add to cart" button.
still it doesn't work on my website.

I tried to disable all the modules, I don't have scripts on my page neither i load a jquery script on my page.
i tried enabling and disabling   : configuration/shop/Use external google jquery library
i tried enabling and disabling   : configuration/templates/Using the Virtuemart jQuery
When both are enabled I do have two calls to different jquery script. But apprently they both come from virtuemart.
  <script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6.4/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.8.16/jquery-ui.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Here is my page :
http://www.francois-rosenbaum.com/staging/test_virtuemart/pantalons/pantalon-3-detail

Does anyone know what is happening and what I can do ?

I use virtuemart 2.02 and joomla 2.5
thanks everyone for helping

PRO

boucdur

It does work on my computer with "internet explorer8" and chrome but not with firefox 3.6.24.
when showing I don't have any styles on the modal pop up

PRO

boucdur

Ok but unfortunatly 7% of the people use firefox 3.6 if I believe google analytics on my personnal website.

It should work, shouldn't it ?

PRO

boucdur

hello again,

Sure it's difficult to test the problem whithout firefox 3.6

However I see when I look at the code that there are two calls to jquery.

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6.4/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.8.16/jquery-ui.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

It seems that those two calls are made by virtuemart.
Is that normal ?

As I read in the different posts that's not good to have more than one call to jquery maybe it wiould maybe solve the problem to get only one call to jquery ?

Do you think i can achieve this in one way or an other ?

jenkinhill

The first script call is to the jQuery main library. The second to jqueryui is the jQuery user interface library  - you need both.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

PRO

boucdur

even when I disable absolutly all the modules (in the module manager) it still doesn't work in firefox 3.6
and when I look at the source code I still have this :

but this is not the problem anyway as jenkinhill told me.

PRO

have you tried using the vmart jquery, and turning off external jquery?

boucdur

boucdur

I just tried to install a all new joomla 2.5 with the example datas then I installed a all new virtuemart 2.02 with the example datas as well.
I uninstalled the component which is usds to install the plugins as it's explained during the installation process
i did nothing more

I tested to click the "add to cart" button on firefox 3.6 and I still don't have the modal pop telling me the product is added to my cart.
Just like on my previous test page when i refresh the page the product is in my cart.
I tried to click very quicly ten times on the "add to cart" button nothing happenned and then when I refreshed the page 4 new products were added in the cart.

I even tried a second time on a other computer with firefox 3.6 as well and it is just the same.

it seems to me it's a problem in "virtuemart 2" that everybody have as well probably ?

PRO

boucdur, I noticed on your site you have some custom styling in the cart module.

Have you tried without it?

jenkinhill

I just Googled firefox 3.6 bugs - a whole lot of issues..... No way would I use an old browser like that.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum