News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VIRTUEMART 2 add decimal quantity of product to cart

Started by roxxyy04, March 23, 2012, 12:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roxxyy04

Hello I am using V2 on o joomla 1.7 template

My client sells curtains so i want the buyer to be able to order for example 1.3 meters of fabric.

I have found some answers here http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=65074.0 but in V2 i can not find ps_cart.php

Please any help????

Did anyone found a solution for this subject

John2400

Hi roxxyy04,

In the other posts they wanted to add quantities but if you want to just add a text field that asks the client: how much curtain materials is required.

They can just type - 1.3 metres of curtain in the text field?

Just make sure they undersatnd the actual units required -   if you want calculations? then that is another story>

Might add here that - due to some calculation rules rounding decimals - it is better to ask the client to write it as a text.

roxxyy04

Hy,

I want the costumer to be able to add to his cart the quantity he wants, the price is for square meters so if he wants 1.3 m2 he can type that to the input text field next to add to cart and then the price changes according to the quantity.

Is there a way to do that?

Thank you

Roxana

able

Hello, I also need to use decimals in the product. I found the fields in the database where information is stored and I have changed from INT to DECIMAL (10.2) and after placing the order I can handle numbers with decimals but I can not put them in the shopping cart.

Thanks.

amymattian

Having the same problem, cannot find ps_cart.php file anywhere. What is it called now?

G:
Anne

amymattian

Seems to be a nice extention, but does not address the same issue, quantity in decimals. We need a functionality to add kilos other than just 1 or 2, but maybe 1,5 or 1,8kg etc. I can't see in the description that this would accept decimals in quantity.

-Anne