Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Base Price will not show

Started by ralfeez, March 22, 2012, 21:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRO

Quote from: ralfeez on April 13, 2012, 19:18:41 PM
Banquet,
I am sorry, but can you be a little more clear with your answers. I am just not following you.
thank you,
Ralph

ralfeez, can you be more clear?

Which response would you like more information on?

Do you have a specific question

ralfeez

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on April 12, 2012, 18:23:39 PM
Quote from: liv on March 23, 2012, 00:25:47 AM
Same problem here after I upgraded fromc om_virtuemart.2.0.3.E to com_virtuemart.2.0.3.G
I have Joomla 2.53. I would like to show only one sales price (Which I could in version E). Now I can either show no prices or two prices (final salesprice and salesprice with discount).

This is all I use, it is the final sales price with discount, and no tax added

<?php echo $this->currency->createPriceDiv('priceWithoutTax', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_SALESPRICE_WITHOUT_TAX', $this->product->prices); ?>
Are you adding this manually to the code?
Thanks,
Ralph

ralfeez

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on April 12, 2012, 18:25:21 PM
Quote from: corymp on March 23, 2012, 02:33:26 AM
and if you check "Final Sales Price", "Sales price with discount" is shown...... need to change

what is the difference?

Final sales price is after discount.

Are you saying that this is a bug?
Thank you,
Ralph

ralfeez

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on April 12, 2012, 18:28:24 PM

Also, price is not showwing in cart under "Price:"

That column is "baseprice"

Its best to enable all prices in vmart config.

Then,

change your actual product details, & category template to show what you want.

ALSO guys,

In your admin go to the live update. DO NOT UPDATE though.
There is text you can read about things that changed in the latest release.

So you are saying that the only way to set the correct price to show is by manually coding the template to match what you want? If so, that is really poor development on the part of VM2.0. I had to manually change everything to get it to work for me, but is this product really that far from being useful to the average user?
Thank you,
Ralph

PRO

Quote from: ralfeez on April 13, 2012, 19:55:28 PM
Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on April 12, 2012, 18:23:39 PM
Quote from: liv on March 23, 2012, 00:25:47 AM
Same problem here after I upgraded fromc om_virtuemart.2.0.3.E to com_virtuemart.2.0.3.G
I have Joomla 2.53. I would like to show only one sales price (Which I could in version E). Now I can either show no prices or two prices (final salesprice and salesprice with discount).

This is all I use, it is the final sales price with discount, and no tax added

<?php echo $this->currency->createPriceDiv('priceWithoutTax', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_SALESPRICE_WITHOUT_TAX', $this->product->prices); ?>
Are you adding this manually to the code?
Thanks,
Ralph

adding, NO

I delete everything else.

My
productdetails/default_pricelist.php

THIS is the WHOLE file

<?php
// Check to ensure this file is included in Joomla!
defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');
?>
<div class="product-price" id="productPrice<?php echo $this->product->virtuemart_product_id ?>">
    <?php
    echo $this->currency->createPriceDiv('priceWithoutTax', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_SALESPRICE_WITHOUT_TAX', $this->product->prices);
    ?>
</div>

PRO

Quote from: ralfeez on April 13, 2012, 19:56:32 PM
Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on April 12, 2012, 18:25:21 PM
and if you check "Final Sales Price", "Sales price with discount" is shown...... need to change

what is the difference?

Final sales price is after discount.

Are you saying that this is a bug?
Thank you,
Ralph

Not at all,

WITH MY configuration, there is no difference.

so for you, whats the difference?

Because with so many ways to configure discounts, markups, taxes etc. It could be quite a few things,. but noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Everybody says the SHIUIUHJHJHJ   is broken, or bugs

jakobe

totally unusable unless this works flawlessly.

please fix asap, I need to launch.

corymp

Check your shopper groups to see what prices are shown. In configuration make sure all prices are shown. And then learn your template overrides and how prices are shown on them. You can get creative and show prices whatever way you like. Using language overrides also help. I have no problems with showing prices but I did have to customize a few things. Not everyone uses this cart the same and some things you have to tailor for yourself.

Just my 2¢

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

jakobe

I am able to modify my template to hide these prices....but it hides them for everyone...not just the particular shopper group.

corymp

turn off the price in the shopper group you want it hidden from
VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

dsrpmedia

my god this is incredibly confusing.

all I want to do is show just the price before tax on the product details page (or if there is a discount then the amount of the discount, and the discounted price.)

but if I turn off all the other options (eg tax) in the pricing list in the config, then the tax etc. does not show up in the cart.

are you saying I have to somehow rewrite the code for the product details page to not show taxes?

I`m not a coder - how would I do that?

tblueweb

This is a mess IMHO. I have set to display ALL price variations in the default shopper group, thats all I have. Yet the base price is blank. The base price shows in the shopping cart as expected but not in the product detail display. It will be very confusing the buyer about what is discounted without base price. I have several years with VM1 and have had no problems with price display. Isn't this a bug. BTW am on 2.0.8e and j2.5.6.

e.g this is what i get with all prices displayed with product base of 19.95 and overide to 16.95. >>>>>
Price:
Price with discount: $16.95
Sales price: $16.95
Sales price without tax: $16.95
Discount: $3.00
__
True Blue Web Property Development
http://www.tblueweb.com

Cyngen

I'm in the same camp as the rest.  Right now I have two shopper groups, Anonymous and default. both have all pricing turned on.
Then under configuration->pricing I've turned on all options to show pricing and labels.  The most i get shown are Sales price and Sales price with tax.

I'd hate to abandon this with all the work i've done, but I might well have to go with another product soon in order to get the job done for a client.  I'm not sure I'm doing something wrong or if it's truly a bug.

I'm using Joomla! 2.5.6 and VirtueMart v2.0.8e

I've tested the pricing pages with and without being logged in.  I'm stumped right now.

Cyngen

jenkinhill

Quote from: Cyngen on August 16, 2012, 00:04:23 AM
under configuration->pricing I've turned on all options to show pricing and labels.  The most i get shown are Sales price and Sales price with tax.

Suggests to me that you are using a template override where the pricing display layout has not been updated for the current version. Is this a commercial template you are using or did you set up an override when using an earlier VM2 version?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum