Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Base Price will not show

Started by ralfeez, March 22, 2012, 21:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyngen

Quote from: jenkinhill on August 21, 2012, 11:04:55 AM
Quote from: Cyngen on August 16, 2012, 00:04:23 AM
under configuration->pricing I've turned on all options to show pricing and labels.  The most i get shown are Sales price and Sales price with tax.

Suggests to me that you are using a template override where the pricing display layout has not been updated for the current version. Is this a commercial template you are using or did you set up an override when using an earlier VM2 version?

thanks for the reply.. I'm using Allrounder template for Joomla 2.5 with the following versions in place:
Joomla 2.5.6
Virtuemart 2.0.8e

this was a clean install and not an upgrade. The Allrounder template was in place prior to installing virtuemart.  I have not done any overrides.

The site is being built now under Joomla and is not online under DNS but can be looked at via updating a local host entry if this would help. I would be happy to share the info for IP address privately if it would help. 

Cheers,
Kurt

jenkinhill

Check if there is a com_virtuemart directory in joomla_root/templates/(allrounder)/html/  - that's where any overrides would be. If you have this directory then just rename it and check the site front end again (after clearing cache).
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Cyngen

Did the check, there was no such directory under the template area you defined.  I did however, clear the cache again and still no success.  Good ideas to check, thanks for the assist thus far.

K

Nibiru

I used this code in default_pricelist.php:

echo $this->currencyDisplay->createPriceDiv('','', $this->cart->pricesUnformatted[$pkey]['priceWithoutTax'],false,false,$prow->quantity);

if you don't want the extra:
<div class="PricesalesPrice" style="display : block;"><span class="PricesalesPrice">

use:
echo $this->currencyDisplay->priceDisplay($this->cart->pricesUnformatted[$pkey]['priceWithoutTax'],'',$prow->quantity,false);

tblueweb

Quote from: Cyngen on August 22, 2012, 17:07:01 PM
Did the check, there was no such directory under the template area you defined.  I did however, clear the cache again and still no success.  Good ideas to check, thanks for the assist thus far.

K

Likewise I am have a clean install and no template overrides. In any case this couldn't be the problem as in my case the text "Price:" appears but WITHOUT a price. The discount prices appear or not appear as configured. But clearly this is a bug. VM2 is not pulling or computing the price for the page display in product details. It is for the shopping cart. O have committed two new sites to VM2 and this stuff is not a minor bug. I am not looking forward to debugging the php but since no-one here seems to have an answer i will have to.

__
True Blue Web Property Development
http://www.tblueweb.com

Nibiru

Quote from: tblueweb on August 28, 2012, 01:39:27 AM
Likewise I am have a clean install and no template overrides. In any case this couldn't be the problem as in my case the text "Price:" appears but WITHOUT a price. The discount prices appear or not appear as configured. But clearly this is a bug. VM2 is not pulling or computing the price for the page display in product details. It is for the shopping cart. O have committed two new sites to VM2 and this stuff is not a minor bug. I am not looking forward to debugging the php but since no-one here seems to have an answer i will have to.

I had the same problem with a few templates. But most templates were build for VM version 2.0.6. I upgraded it and used this code:
echo $this->currencyDisplay->createPriceDiv('','', $this->cart->pricesUnformatted[$pkey]['priceWithoutTax'],false,false,$prow->quantity);

Search this file:
\templates\<your template>\html\com_virtuemart\cart\default_pricelist.php

I've tried changing a lot of settings and cleaning the cache. No difference. So my problem was that the template was incompatible.

tblueweb

I have no overrides with the template I am using (js natural). There is no com_virtuemart folder within the template/html folder.
__

jenkinhill

You are checking base price shows when logged into the front end as admin????
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Nibiru

If you don't have an override it will use the standard one.

You can find it here then
\components\com_virtuemart\views\cart\tmpl\default_pricelist.php

tblueweb

Ok. WHen logged in as admin base price appears, I have default and anonymous shopper groups. Both have all prices set on. It doesn't matter if I set off or on group specific pricing, unless I am logged in as an admin, no base price.
__

Cyngen

Same here logged in as admin and prices show fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kalemonkey

To show the base price for non admins I removed the conditional statement around the price declaration in the components/com_virtuemart/views/productdetails/tmpl/default_showprices.php around line 36.

It's best to create an override for this. I'm not sure if it will have a negative effect but the prices are now displaying correctly for the shoppers that are not admins. Hope this helps.

caseyd

Using vm 2.0.20b, I had to do this also to get base price to actually display.
No matter that all prices are checked to display in config->prices.