News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

"ask a question about this product"seems not working can't recieve email

Started by 21richer, March 22, 2012, 20:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21richer

I'm using Joomla 2.5 and VM 2.0.2,  when I click"ask a question about this product", I can input name,email and memssage all the information, but I can't recieve emails after submit sucessfully.

any body can help me fix this problem.

thank

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

21richer

it's on a real server.(godaddy) liux server,

I changed  phpmail,sendmail and smtp  in the "gobal configuration" of joomla mail setting,  all in right information, but still not working.
when submit from front-end, no erro   it display Invalid Address.

for my site have no price no shopping cart, the "ask a question about this product" is very important.
do you have mind what happened to my site?

thanks

jenkinhill

Unfortunately issues with Godaddy are all too frequent and often never resolved. For their basic hosting they do not seem to have consistent server softwares or restrictions. I assume that registration emails are sent OK? You may be having issues with server anti-spam restrictions - such as here: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=95878.msg315899#msg315899

I have never had a problem using the standard Joomla php mailer - but then I don't use that host.

You could maybe edit components/com_virtuemart/controllers/productdetails.php to make a different from address for the email - around line 53 is the mail function.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

21richer

Dear Mr. Kelvyn

thanks for your reply, the information is really very helpful for me.
so which hosting is much better?

for I have another site not in hosting, same problem, so do you know how to fix it, I'll ask the hosting owner check and fix it for me.

I'm not very good at code edit, very simple is ok, so you said on line 53, how should I change?

thanks

21richer

Dear Mr. Kelvyn

now email is working, I mean from contact form and send message from Joomla, I can recieve the email now.

the problem is "ask a question about this product"
Please enclose the attach message.

the invalid address, and I can't recieve any email after click "close"

question 2

the email icon is not working,
when click the email icon, the window is empty,nothing inside.

what's going on these problem.

thanks

[attachment cleanup by admin]

21richer

Quote from: jenkinhill on March 24, 2012, 17:20:53 PM
Unfortunately issues with Godaddy are all too frequent and often never resolved. For their basic hosting they do not seem to have consistent server softwares or restrictions. I assume that registration emails are sent OK? You may be having issues with server anti-spam restrictions - such as here: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=95878.msg315899#msg315899

I have never had a problem using the standard Joomla php mailer - but then I don't use that host.

You could maybe edit components/com_virtuemart/controllers/productdetails.php to make a different from address for the email - around line 53 is the mail function.
Dear Mr. Kelvyn

thanks for your reply, the information is really very helpful for me.
so which hosting is much better?

for I have another site not in hosting, same problem, so do you know how to fix it, I'll ask the hosting owner check and fix it for me.

I'm not very good at code edit, very simple is ok, so you said on line 53, how should I change?

thanks

[attachment cleanup by admin]