News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Payment and shipping steps on one page

Started by dnavincent, March 22, 2012, 16:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dnavincent

Hello,

I'm working for a few days on virtuemart now and I encountered a problem.

It happens after buying items and when I'm in the shopping cart. I press confirm order.
Then I'm asked for a payment method. When selected and approved I return to my shopping cart.
Then again I press confirm order. Then the same with shipment method.
Then I can finally buy an item.

Is it possible to confirm order. Then go to an new page and select payment and shipment and see a summary and a final confirm button.

I've Virtuemart 2.0.2 and Joomla 2.5.3.

Thanks in advance,

Vincent Groenendijk

dnavincent

Basically the checkout steps doesn't work in the right order.

Anyone with a solution?

Greets,

John2400

Yes the right order or a constant loop.

* just wondering if you can reinstall the software - back over the top of your original .

make sure you save (backup) your site first - or try and update to one of the test - options)  a- g versions.

* I'd just reload the original first .

* order is address first >> shipment /or postage>> buy >> confirm >>email >>or paypal

dnavincent

Thank you for your response.

So if I understand it correctly, I need to reinstall Virtuemart. And then I have 2 Virtuemarts installed?
And then load the first, original one?

How can this be achieved?

John2400

No they just go over each other.

you will end up with the site looking exactly then same.  But hopefully some issues will be resolved .

If your site does not work like you want then try an update - to new versions ;

http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files

* when you go into the back of VM and go to the extension settings you upload - (com_virtuemart.2.0.2) first and then (com_virtuemart.2.0.2_ext_aio)  you must wait for a while for the upload and the unzipping of files - maybe 3 - 4 munites.

* VM is able to be updated and the files you see in the link are first downloaded - extracted to a folder and it will have two files in it. upload one and then the other as described above.

dnavincent

Well I installed Virtuemart 2.0.2 again.
Waited a few minutes.
Then I installed Virtuemart aio 2.0.2.
Waited a few minutes.
Deleted virtuemart 2.0.2.

Still got the same problem:

Buying a product.
Goes to shoppingcart.
Confirm order.
Step 2 select shipment.
Goes back to shoppingcart.
Confirm order.
Step 3 select payment.
Goes back to shoppingcart.
Confirm order.
Finally bought the product.

John2400

? line 5 deleted virtuemart?

Did That appear in the screen?

* I presume? that you are adding an address first then selecting a shipment and save, then adding a payment and save >> then confirming.

* ok you now might have to go to an updated version? a_ h.

Back up your site and upgrade. and see what you get.

dnavincent

? line 5 deleted virtuemart?

Did That appear in the screen?

Well I haven't seen it.

* I presume? that you are adding an address first then selecting a shipment and save, then adding a payment and save >> then confirming.

Buying a product.
Goes to shoppingcart.
Adding address then save.
(opens new page) Step 2 select shipment, save.
(opens new page) Goes back to shoppingcart.
Save.
(opens new page) Step 3 select payment, save
(opens new page) Goes back to shoppingcart.
Confirm order.
Finally bought the product.

* ok you now might have to go to an updated version? a_ h.

Back up your site and upgrade. and see what you get.

I've done that. I had virtuemart 2.0.2. and still have.

John2400

dnavincent ,
there seems a small communication problem -

You wrote 'Deleted virtuemart 2.0.2.' in your post at  03:37:13 --      I'm asking you since you wrote it did it appear on the screen or did you delete it?

* the next step is to update to the new versions on the page I sent you http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files

you need to pick one of the newer updates and try them too -- '2.0.2  is one version only' we are now up to 2.0.3 version "h"

this may solve your issue.

dnavincent

Well I deleted virtuemart 2.0.2 aoi because it indeed appeard on the screen.

Sorry I thought that 2.0.2. was the newest version.

I installed version 2.0.3.H and followed the installinstructions.
The problem still exists and even some more problems started.
In the vm controlpanel there are now 4 tabs "controlpanel" "statistics" "undefined" and again "undefined"
Also items are not directly placed in the shoppingcart. I now need to refresh the page to see the items appear in the shopping cart.

After installing VM 2.0.2. and VM aio 2.0.2. the "new" problems disapeard. The order of payment, shipment and finishing the buyprocess is still wrong though.

John2400

dnavincent,

* first thing to do ?

* change your template to a core template and test -  do this on several.

If it is still happening it sounds like  software you are running PHP, the provider , memory etc.

* I have done this in the past - I made a new folder in the server - made a completely new site and then just linked the datbase to my new site one deeper.
I id this to see if a fresh install would not carry across an odd file hidden in the root of the server.

* so your site will be www.mysite.com.ie/shop - the information will come over - if you set the databases right .

* Can you go back - yes - you can reinstall 2.0.2 back over the top - if you feel things are worse.

or reinestall your suit - via a back up.   sorry you are having such issue.

dnavincent

I've changed my site to a core template.
Problem still exist.

Maybe I should try "one page checkout"?