« Last post by New-bie on Yesterday at 23:54:24 »
I'm trying to create a webshop/website where people can buy a service, rather then a product. In the end - basically - they do get a product after all, so it's pretty much the same and two in one.
1. My VirtueMart is filled with services/products: videos they can choose from. Templates, if you will.
2. When they see a template they like, they have to send me a bunch of files (data). These files can be uploaded through a file transfer service such as WeTransfer or preferably: an upload form in VirtueMart?
3. I'm producing the product and send them a downloadlink
Couple of questions:
1. When to let customers pay?
I'm still figuring out at what point I should let them pay. After they select a template and send me their files or after I deliver them the product. I turned off forced registration, so people can also buy products as a guest (every step has to be as easy as possible). Chances are people won't pay me after they get their product delivered (downloadlink in their email), but on the other hand, paying up front isn't great also.
Right now I'm building a test version (my VirtueMart runs like any others): a couple of product-pages on which a still is shown of every template/video that's gonna be offered. If you click the 'add to cart' button, I can actually buy the product (in my test-case: through PayPal). I was thinking about using the order number (being sent to a customers email after they payed), to let them contact me with their files and the 'proof' that they actually payed. After that I can start the production and send them their products.
But again, that's what I had in mind right now.
3. Does anyone have some tips / an idea on how I should proceed? What would you do? I do like the idea of a complete VirtueMart-based website without having to use other upload-pages and stuff.