Hubby has fixed the issue I was having! Thank you Laurie_Lewis for providing your fantastic mod, hope you don't mind my hubby slightly modifying this to meet my needs
Will add the zip file to if any other members find it is what they are after.
It is for people selling products in Australia who want their shipping to include Compulsory Registered Post
for Customer Peace of Mind, they are not given the option to choose unregistered post. Customers can also choose Express Post, please note, Express Post across Australia does not have insurance, you have to use Standard (with insurance included) as this is there (Auspost) policies. This mod can be used both Australia wide and Internationally.
2 Options Available:
1 = Standard Post (With insurance included)
2 = Express Post (No insurance)
To Add this:
1. Save zip file attached to this post onto your PC.
2. Unzip the file, (3 files inside)
3. Upload to your virtuemart on your host: public_html/shop name/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping
4. Once uploaded go into admin of your VM shop (backend) click on Store Summary, Configuration, Shipping and enable the Auspost Shipping Module modified to allow additional postal methods including Express Post. Outside of Australia Post is now catered for. Untick the other Australia Post module. SAVE.
5. Go to Store, Shipping Module List, Auspost_Reg Shipping Module, click on configure ship method and add your handling fees etc if required, but don't touch Registered Mail lodgement cost and Registered Mail extra covered unit cost, as they are already set up.
NOTE: If you want to use both Standard with and without Insurance remove the comments (/*
) on line 154 before total_shipping_handling and on line 163 after 1 - remove the comments also (*/
) in auspost_reg.php file.
Christel & Kevin