Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

Need help or want to talk to other developers? Join the VirtueMart Chat! Read more...

Advanced search

247031 Posts in 67504 Topics- by 258313 Members - Latest Member: Matej.iStraxx
VirtueMart ForumVirtueMart Dev/Coding CentralDevelopment Projects, Modifications, Hacks & Tweaks (Moderator: MikeUK)Fire off link to external site once payment completed.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fire off link to external site once payment completed.  (Read 815 times)
BloodBaz

« on: June 16, 2011, 12:24:12 pm »

Hello Community!

I am an experienced software developer although php and MVC aren't my forte.

We have a Joomla! 1.5 website using the latest version of VM 1.1 to sell online training.  When a client purchases a product and completes the transaction (via PayPal) we need (to adapt?) VM to do the following two things:

1) Update the order status from "Pending" to "Confirmed" (we expect this to happen by default but it is not currently working and we don't know why)

2) (more importantly) We need VM (when getting a confirmation back from PayPal or better still, when the status goes from "Pending" to "Confirmed" in response to PayPal sending back a success notification) to fire off a URL containing various details (Product(s) purchased, Company Name, User's Name/Email etc.) to our Learning Management System (which I am much more confident coding) so that it can create an account and send login details to the client.  The LMS is an hosted on another domain.

Please could you point me in the right direction on where about in VM I should code a link to our external application.

Any advise, suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Chris.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 12:28:29 pm by BloodBaz » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: