Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

VirtueMart 1.1.8 - [SECURITY RELEASE] is available! Read more....

Advanced search

247031 Posts in 67504 Topics- by 258313 Members - Latest Member: Matej.iStraxx
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Product Groups in VM  (Read 2934 times)
illambi

« on: June 15, 2011, 23:04:23 pm »

Hi,

I'm working in a project, and I'm researching e-commerce packages for it. I'm a joomla big fan, but I don't have any experience with VirtueMart.
I have a couple of feature requirements for the project, so I need to make sure that VirtueMart can handle before I invest in building on top of it.

The site is a school supplies store. At the begin of the school year, the father goes to the website, and after making a selection for school and level of his child, the site give him the list with the supplies he will be need for all year. Then, the father can buy one product (or more) or the entire list.

I think I need groups of product for this requirement. Each group have some products, with the suggested quantity. One product will be in more than one list or not. I need manage stock too, so I can't duplicate products.

Will VirtueMart let customers add an entire group or a product to the basket? or have an addon that will do so?

Thanks for reading and any advice you can lend me. I appreciate you guys helping me quickly get familiar with VirtueMart.

Cheers,
Ines.-
illambi

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 00:27:32 am »

Hey guys,
None of you have needed this feature before? Maybe I'm going in wrong direction.
Thanks for and any advice you can lend me.

Cheers,
Ines.-
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: