VirtueMart 2.0 beta2 is now available for download!
Here is a more detailed listing and some comments of the new features in beta2 compared to beta1
- Compatible with Joomla 1.6
- Review system implemented
- Currency system implemented, the currency system has now a currency format per currency. It should offer fixed ratings, but this is not implemented yet and it works at the moment only in the old fashioned way (daily updates).
- Coupons are now supported
- New plugin system for Shipping and Payments
- Updated the All-In-One module, including a few plugins
- Added some SEF
- added use of metatag to product and category
- optimized loading of files
- manufacturer view
- categories view added
- category view can be preselected in joomla
- partly new template
- slimbox added for add to cart and maybe more
interesting for developers:
- Added new VM paths to ensure that require_once work even outside of application (modules, plugins)
Look here for more information http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/Developing_a_module_or_plugin_for_Virtuemart_2
- completed currency system (fixed rates)
- all emails should use the layout system, like the confirm email
- standard joomla plugins do not work yet in the frontend views.
The RC release is planned for the second week of april.