USPS 4.0 doesn't show as an option during step 3

(1/2) > >>

cstew68:
ugh! Since I can't get UPS to work, I thought I would try USPS! No luck there either.. Can anyone help??

Problem: USPS doesn't even show as an option during checkout.

Build:

Joomla! 1.5.8
VirtueMart 1.1.2
USPS Module 4.0

I USPS 4.0 selected as an optional shipping module.

I registered for USPS Dev Account and received this.

Your Username is 084####A2074 <-- added ### for security here.
Your Password is 37#####TH739

I also asked to be moved to the prod server and I received this.

Your profile has been updated to allow you access to the Production Server.

1. The Production Server URL is: http://production.shippingapis.com. For APIs calling the secure server, the URL is https://secure.shippingapis.com.
2. There is a line of code that refers to "shippingapitest.dll".  You'll need to remove the word "test".

MY USPS 4.0 config screen is populated with:

My Account Name
Blank Password (tried with too)
USPS shipping server  : Production.ShippingAPIs.com
USPS shipping path  : /ShippingAPI.dll

I also have Enable Web Services set to yes in Joomla config, does that matter?

The only thing I have not tried yet is the CURL proxy info. I will try that next with my hosting provider.

I have also read so much stuff here on the USPS not showing uption, my head is spinning.. Since much of the info is old I thought I would raise this classic question again.

Thanks so much for any help you can provide!

fun4pets:
I'm having the same problem, have you been able to resolve?  Thanks.

gstudios:
Same problem here...

Chaz:
First please download the latest version of the module at my website: Virtuemart USPS Shipping Module v4.1

After this is installed try turning on the option "Report errors on frontend?" in the USPS configuration area of VM. This should help report any error that is occurring. One common problem is when the order weight is 0 USPS will not return any results.

After turning on error reporting please report back.

Chaz

Trackerpls:
I have tried everything that has been posted here, still no luck with the USPS module in joomla 1.5 using VM1.1, and the USPS v4. downloaded from Chaz.

I have my USPS API on the production server. Have web services enabled. Setup exactly as indicated from included document from module download.

What have I done wrong, or have not setup correctly? Can any one help.

I see alot of threads talking about adding or altering code?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page