Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

It's a release candidate! VirtueMart 2.0 RC - the next generation VirtueMart - is available! Read more....

Advanced search

247031 Posts in 67504 Topics- by 258313 Members - Latest Member: Matej.iStraxx
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: migrate users from oscommerce to virtuemart: maybe solution here  (Read 17045 times)
maxmsn

« on: October 24, 2008, 23:40:00 pm »

Hallo,
yesterday i was in the need of importing my osc users to a new fresh install of virtuemart.
I tried to play with this script, found on this forum
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=24222
and after an afternoon of coding, it seems that I got what I want.
Importing seems to work from oscommerce milestone 2 to virtuemart latest version (1.1.2 stable).
users are imported into joomla table, then into vm table, creating a record for each address found, making it correctly related to the main user account.
So, what else? I invite you to contact me and help me test my script.
I will not attach it here, because it's a very pre-alpha script, and it still needs to be commented properly.
this script does not touch any of the joomla-virtuemart files, it works only on users and address books related, it does not import order history or anything else.
this script imports the original passwords as they are. So users need to request a new pw, the first time they try to login to vm. I'm looking for a way to auto-update the pw on the first login trial, but I need help here.
Liquid

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 09:57:43 am »

Hello
I spend more then 20 hours just looking for way to import users from OScommerce to Joomla VM
now i have them both installed to my host and i would like to try your code to import users
this importing is it gona effect my current users on oscommerce?
and would you please send to me the code?

thanks Smiley
DVD_GR

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 17:03:57 pm »

i would also need to test the code!
thanks a lot!

twixyco

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 18:54:56 pm »

He there,

working on a project where i would like to try this script, please contact me on info@spiders-webdesign.com

thank you
Maksym

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 16:29:51 pm »

Hi, there!
My message is targeted to readers who don't have any development experience.
If you decided to migrate from osCommerce to VirtueMart - Cart2Cart is the best way to move your products, customers and other important info to VirtueMart e-commerce platform!

hellsmash

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 00:00:10 am »

I have write a script for migrating from Oscommerce to VirtueMart. The script moves the customers, categories, products, attributes and manufacturers. If someone is interested visit my website for more information - stscript.info
billy30

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 17:03:14 pm »

I've used Cart2Cart migrating from oscommerce to virtuemart for one of my customers. It worked quite well.
Totally agree. Cart2Cart is really nice tool, fast and easy to use
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: