Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

It's a release candidate! VirtueMart 2.0 RC - the next generation VirtueMart - is available! Read more....

Advanced search

247031 Posts in 67504 Topics- by 258313 Members - Latest Member: Matej.iStraxx
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: All-in-one checkout page.  (Read 18316 times)
gtrhangar

« on: November 26, 2007, 23:53:47 pm »

It would be nice if the login, billing info , shipping info, and payment information were all on one page which could then be confirmed and processed on the next page. We don't store credit card information and we only have one shipping option, so it seems like our customers are going through a lot of pages which aren't really doing anything.

If the login form could be submitted and then the billing/shipping/payment fields auto populated with whatever was associated with the user (and then the login form removed), that would be *fantastic*.

Thanks
Stew

gtrhangar

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 17:32:34 pm »

It might also be nice just to have shipping address & shipping type page integrated, and/or the option to omit shipping type if your store only has one shipping type (like we do, since we ship huge objects).

vikezz

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 23:52:00 pm »

- yes, please!! this is quite urgent since we loose alot of customers in the checkout process.. I know Magento has this in place. a simple onepage checkout page in Virtuemart would be the most important feature to add imo!

- that along with custom signup fields for new customers Smiley
vikezz

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 16:27:11 pm »

Okey, i figured out how to custom the signup fields, its was pretty easy and straightforward. It can be done within the admin page under manage user fields Smiley
bassthegame

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 12:12:10 pm »

It might also be nice just to have shipping address & shipping type page integrated, and/or the option to omit shipping type if your store only has one shipping type (like we do, since we ship huge objects).

In the store config, go to the checkout tab and remove the tick from the select shipping type box. This will take one step out of the process.
rtloeffler

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 18:51:21 pm »

i have a new 1 page checkout you guys might be interested

see attached

* 1page3.jpg (40.55 KB, 365x643 - viewed 1659 times.)

* 1page2.jpg (64.18 KB, 732x726 - viewed 1287 times.)
rudebwoy

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 17:21:10 pm »

see attached

any chance you could explain how to do similar Chekout page?
QubeSys Technologies

Joomla & Magento Services

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 21:24:07 pm »

see attached

Hi..
We need this.
Can you help ?
QubeSys Technologies

Joomla & Magento Services

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 06:47:03 am »

Yes interested.

Let me know please, what do I need to do in order to get it.
swiftpoolsupplies

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 23:30:23 pm »

Interested in NOT paying for one page checkout, if possible Smiley

Swift Pool Supplies | http://www.swiftpoolsupplies.com
PolishedGeek
Development Team

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 18:00:19 pm »

Our extension isn't free, but you can use it on unlimited domains once purchased.

Our One Page Checkout Module for VirtueMart is a single page checkout extension that works inside of a *module*. Place it virtually anywhere on your site you like.

Our extension supports existing customer login, new account creation plus guest checkouts. We also support downloadable products and VirtueMart coupons. Best of all, unlike other one page checkouts for VirtueMart, our extension works with NO HACK!!!

Check out VirtueMart One Page Checkout Module here: https://polishedgeek.com/paid-extensions/one-page-checkout-module.html

We have a demo site here:  http://vmdev.polishedgeekdemo.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.cart&vmcchk=1&Itemid=8 and our site's checkout process has of course been switched over to One Page Checkout Module, so you can see it in action when you buy our commercial extensions.

Your comments and feature requests are always welcome.

~ Deb & Donald of Polished Geek, LLC
www.PolishedGeek.com
useris

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2011, 12:50:44 pm »

Hi,

is it possible to make that user "Silent registration from will be on the same page with "Choose sipping method" or Confirm order page? I want to do it without this custum build module.
i tried to set in VM config all steps to 1 but registration form is still one step before checkout steps.
PolishedGeek
Development Team

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2011, 17:08:57 pm »

You can't do this without a 3rd party extension. VirtueMart always has the registration or login on a separate page from the other checkout processes, even if you put "1,1,1,1" on the checkout configuration.

Actually that's a key reason why it's tough to do a single page checkout in VirtueMart. It's not just about being able to physically show it all on the same page. Handling functions like shipping APIs, tax calculations, etc. when the user hasn't created an account or logged in yet gets very tricky and requires a custom approach you simply can't do in VM 1.1.x alone. A true one page checkout extension will handle that for you. Do careful research if you purchase one, because some extensions that market themselves as VM one page checkouts actually still require the registration/login be on a prior page.

~ Deb Cinkus
useris

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2011, 17:39:45 pm »

Thank you Polisgeek,

I will search for extention.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: