Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

It's a release candidate! VirtueMart 2.0 RC - the next generation VirtueMart - is available! Read more....

Advanced search

247031 Posts in 67504 Topics- by 258313 Members - Latest Member: Matej.iStraxx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Extended Searchbot  (Read 142428 times)
aravot
Peter
Quality&Testing Team

« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2009, 22:01:59 pm »

If you need help follow instruction, I am not getting paid for helping and I certainly can spend my time with my family instead of this forum, the person who you are referring to posted a year ago, his VM version 1.1.1 since than we have had 3 more release so I am not sure if you are using 1.1.1 or the latest version, if 1.1.1 than upgrade and link in his post is not working so can't check, hopefully someone will help you.

charade539

« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2009, 20:09:00 pm »

One, I posted my question on October 15, 2009, nearly two months ago, and I have been more than patient in waiting for answers.  If anyone should be annoyed it should be me. I am trying very hard to be polite despite all this.
Two, I am not an idiot.  I can follow instructions.  I will admit I am not a professional programmer, but then, if I was I wouldn't be here. And considering there have apparently been several other people with this same issue (I did search the forum first, all questions similar to mine were unanswered, I can provide links if you like) I fail to see how it is my fault.
Three, if you are unable or unwilling to help, then why are you bothering to reply at all?  Go spend time with your family, and ask someone else to answer the question for you.

That said, I will clarify.  I have Joomla Version 1.5.14, and Virtuemart 1.1.3.  The Virtuemart Extended Search does not show the thumbnails in the search results. There is no option listed in the plugin to make it show search results.  From what I can tell in the code it looks like it should be, but I could be wrong.  You can see it here: http://www.reincarnatedbooks.com/index.php/search

I would appreciate any help you could provide, thankyou.
aravot
Peter
Quality&Testing Team

« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2009, 20:53:28 pm »

We don't check every post, no time because there aren't enough volunteers everyone comes for an answer and leaves no one bothers to stay and help other users like yourself, I am sure there are users who are waiting for a along period, my mail box reads 347 unanswered mail there is no way on earth I will be able to answer all question, no one has forced you to use VirtueMart if you are annoyed, there are alternatives.

No one said you are an idiot, I requested for info a valid request to know your system so I could help you instead I get runaround.

It has nothing to do if I am unable or unwilling to help, anyone wanting to help will need to know your system this is a fact.

Even your provided info is incomplete, you failed to mention you are using SEF and which SEF, you haven’t mentioned which Extend Search your are using, VirtueMart version (it is included in VirtueMart installation package) or the one posted in the beginning of this thread.

I tried to search for something on your site but got error.
404 - Component not found

You may not be able to visit this page because of:

1. an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
   2. a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
   3. a mistyped address
   4. you have no access to this page
   5. The requested resource was not found.
   6. An error has occurred while processing your request.

Please try one of the following pages:

* Home Page

If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site.

Component not found

charade539

« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2009, 19:29:52 pm »

No, I am not using SEF.  I am using the Extended Search that came with the Virtuemart package I downloaded, 1.1.4.  (Which, for some reason, has now rearranged all the thumbnails and add-to-cart buttons, but that's a different issue).  I just checked it, and the search works just fine.  I'm not sure why you can't see it.

Was there any other info you needed?
aravot
Peter
Quality&Testing Team

« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2009, 19:48:46 pm »

Your URL suggest you are using SEF but that is another matter.

Check your site in IE8 it is broken (could be the same in IE7 too)

Search result is working OK, thumbnail is feature of VM 1.0.x series. 

charade539

« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2009, 18:49:36 pm »

Okay, so how do I get this feature for this version?
aravot
Peter
Quality&Testing Team

« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2009, 20:40:35 pm »

Someone has to code it.

charade539

« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2009, 21:44:56 pm »

Wait, so a feature that was in high demand was actually removed, and there was no plugin or option to add it?  Why would they do that?
aravot
Peter
Quality&Testing Team

« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2009, 23:56:54 pm »

The feature was never in version 1.1, so is not been removed.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: