Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

It's a release candidate! VirtueMart 2.0 RC - the next generation VirtueMart - is available! Read more....

Advanced search

247031 Posts in 67504 Topics- by 258313 Members - Latest Member: Matej.iStraxx
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Add a Java Date Picker to the Product Attributes  (Read 60905 times)
rexel99

« on: May 15, 2006, 02:35:04 am »

I had a requirement for users to enter a 'valid' date into their details and attribute selections. So I implemented a dhtml calendar pop-out to do the job.

Download dhtml_calendar js script/applet from http://www.dhtmlgoodies.com/index.html?page=calendarScripts
Place this in the root of your web in it's original folder name (can be elsewhere with a few mods to the referring code etc of course)

In administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_product_attribute.php make some changes.
Find: * Creates textfields for customizable products from the custom attribute format

Replace;
Code:
foreach($fields as $field)
{
$titlevar=str_replace(" ","_",$field);
$title=ucfirst($field);
$html .= "<div style=\"width:30%;float:left;text-align:right;margin:3px;\">";
$html .= "<label for=\"".$titlevar."_field\">$title</label>:</div>";
$html .= "<div style=\"width:60%;float:left;margin:3px;\">";
$html .= "<input type=\"text\" class=\"inputbox\" id=\"".$titlevar."_field\" size=\"30\" name=\"$titlevar\" />";
$html.="</div>\n";
$html .= "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"custom_attribute_fields[]\" value=\"$titlevar\" />\n";
$html .= "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"custom_attribute_fields_check[$titlevar]\" value=\"".md5($mosConfig_secret. $titlevar )."\" />\n";
}

With;
Code:
foreach($fields as $field)
{
if ( $field != "Date" ) {
$title=ucfirst($field);
$html .= "<label for=\"".$titlevar."_field\">$title</label>:</div>";
$html .= "<input type=\"text\" class=\"inputbox\" id=\"".$titlevar."_field\" size=\"30\" name=\"$titlevar\" />";
$html.="</div>\n";
$html .= "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"custom_attribute_fields[]\" value=\"$titlevar\" />\n";
$html .= "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"custom_attribute_fields_check[$titlevar]\" value=\"".md5($mosConfig_secret. $titlevar )."\" />\n";
}
Else {
$title=ucfirst($field);
$html .= "<label for=\"".$titlevar."_field\">$title</label>: (dd/mm/yyyy)</div>";
$html .= "<input type=\"text\" value=".date("d/m/Y")." readonly class=\"inputbox\" id=\"".$titlevar."_field\" size=\"12\" name=\"$titlevar\" />";
$html .= "<input type=\"button\" class=\"button\" value=\"Calendar\" onclick=\"displayCalendar(document.forms[0].Date, 'dd/mm/yyyy',this)\" />";
/**
*$html .= "<input name=\"reset\" type=\"reset\" class=\"button\" onclick=\"return showCalendar('".$titlevar."_field', 'dd/mm/yyyy');\" value=\"Select Date2\" />";

*/
$html.="</div>\n";
}
}

This simply checkes each attribute, if you make one titled as 'Date' it will use the alternate code, make the textbox readonly, enter the current date and add the selector button (onclick) to bring up the calendar plug-in.

And finally, to make it work, add the following into your template file;
Code:
<link media="screen" href="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/dhtmlgoodies_calendar/dhtmlgoodies_calendar.css?random=20051112" rel="stylesheet">
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/dhtmlgoodies_calendar/dhtmlgoodies_calendar.js?random=20051112"></script>

Note: the code referring to document.forms[0].Date must be changed to a [1] or [2] of you have other forms on your page. If you have a login form on each page (on the left) this product part will therefor be form 2 in your html so then you will have to change this to be document.forms[1].Date.

Comments: Once I did all this I then found a similar date picker within the admin of virtuemart (for product start/end date) and it probably is better to use what's there but I couldn't get it to work in my example so I went with what worked.

Hope this helps somebody else out oo, Cheers, Rex.
unixboymd

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 01:40:03 am »

Can you provide a link to a working example?

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
   Techno Puzzle
      Putting the technology pieces together for you
           http://technopuzzle.com
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
grayceworks

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 16:54:28 pm »

Is anyone able to update this to work with VM 1.1.3? This is exactly what I need, but I don't know how to change the code to work with the new version of VM. Thanks!

searching for solutions
====================================
Joomla 1.5.9
VirtueMart 1.1.3
Linux/Apache|PHP5|mySQL5
Firefox 3.0.6 | Internet Exploder 7 
Windoze XP sp3 | Suse 10
OnTrackMarketing

Marketing Pro Pretending to be a Programmer!

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 17:49:06 pm »

Does anyone know if this works in VirtueMart 1.1.3 Joomla 1.0.15
grayceworks

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 19:43:24 pm »

This is included in the custom attributes extended hack... works great...

searching for solutions
====================================
Joomla 1.5.9
VirtueMart 1.1.3
Linux/Apache|PHP5|mySQL5
Firefox 3.0.6 | Internet Exploder 7 
Windoze XP sp3 | Suse 10
sparkwebdev

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 23:43:58 pm »

Where does one get the custom attributes extended hack?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: