IMPORTANT - 2CO - 2CHECKOUT error reason found!

(1/3) > >>

benjaminhk:
I have been having some 2co problems, one of which is a parameter error when I try a demo sale or regular sale.

I have not yet put my site live on the net because it is a store and if I cannot accept payment it is stupid to be online.

I got this email from 2co just this hour;

##########################################

"Your website is not yet functional and/or the URL is invalid.  2CO
requires all suppliers to have a valid URL with a functional website.
It is not necessary for the website to be elaborate; a simple page
with information about your products and/or services, your contact
information and a refund policy will suffice .  Before 2CO can
activate sales, these requirements need to be met and any
transactions, including demo transactions will cause a PARAMETER error
return.

2CO requires full membership access to any site that requires a user
name and password to access the site and/or any portion of the site.
We will need you to provide us with a permanent username and password
to access your site before your account will be approved for sales."

#########################################

I think this may explain the error message.

I do not understand how these guys expect us to put a store online that is getting parameters errors! This is really stupid!

Is there any alternative to 2co out there that will accept international clients?

Ben.

leona:
Hi -

Set-up your live site with an index page that says coming soon. Set-up your Joomla/VM files in a subdirectory. Give the sub-directory access info to 2CO. You can test it this way. The information you give 2CO can always be changed in your 2CO user panels to reflect your real site later on. Double check this with 2CO before you do this, I haven't had to do this for 18 months and 2CO policy changes constantly.

Something important to remember - last time I looked there was a trick to moving your test site from your subdirectory to your main. Not for Joomla, but for VM. Something about the database tables?? I usually only set up two products in testing and then do clean installs in main and override the files I need to tweak, since I now have them listed on my local computer. There's an easier way to do this listed somewhere in the Forum, but it was over my head when I first saw it listed. ;-). I've gotten better, but I have my procedures worked out and am too lazy to change them.

Please note, you cannot test in main with an index.html file set up as it does funky things when you register anyone, but you can install in main and hide your VM Module and any other modules you want to run by making access available to Special, as opposed to Public or Registered. That's where setting up user name/password for 2CO comes in.

As far as international clients, you can accept international payments from PayPal, just make sure you set up your PayPal profile to convert to your currency and process sale.

Hope this helps.

benjaminhk:
Thanks for the tip leona, I actually shouted so loud at 2co that they activated my demo account so I can test the system now. I am going to have to shift my site back by one directory when I go live, so I will need to know about the database issues. I will have a look through the forums.

Thanks,

Ben.

r0tt3n:
yikes - looks like 2CO has some serious, serious issues with the process for getting customers up and running.  Frankly, it's hard to imagine how a company could be in business whilst being so short-sighted about issues such as these.

Out of curiosity, given these problems, what compelling reason does anyone have for wanting to use 2CO anyways?  Are they cheaper?  Do they fit the requirements of this vm forum thread?

r0tt3n:
anybody?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page